don't say I love you back prank (requested)

"Winter, baby? Wake up." You whispered as you shook your girlfriend's shoulders and watched with a small smile on your face as she slowly woke up. "Good morning, darling!"

She tried to hold back the smile on her face as you kissed her cheek but it was impossible to do so, no matter how tired she felt.

"Why are you waking me up? It's my day off." She groaned as she rubbed her eyes before taking a look at you. "And why are you dressed? Get into bed and give me cuddles."

"I wish I could, babe. But something came up and I have to go to work. I'm sorry."

She whined and took your hand into hers, holding it tightly so you couldn't drop it.

"I don't want you to go."

"I won't be gone long, just a couple of hours."

She sighed heavily before puckering her lips for a kiss, which you happily gave her.

"I love you so much. I'll miss you."

"I'll be back before you know it." You said and kissed her forehead. "Go back to sleep. I'll see you later."

"Wait a second." She said. "you can't go yet."

"Why not?"

"Because you forgot something."

You stared at her in confusion, pretending to wonder what you could possibly be forgetting about.

"What is it?"

"You forgot to say I love you after I said it!"

"Did I?" You asked, eyebrows furrowed. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" She pouted. "Say it. Please." She tugged at your hand. "I won't let you go until you say it."

"Oh, my sweet girl." You sighed as you stroked her cheek. "I love you. You know that."

"I know but you know how much I love it when you tell me that."

You gave her another kiss, cupping her chin in your palm as your lips touched hers and lingered for a moment or two.

"I won't be gone very long, just a couple of hours at the most. So go back to sleep and I'll spoil you with cuddles when I get home."

"Okay, baby." She smiled and you quickly tucked her in before giving her a kiss goodbye.

"Love you so much!" She yelled as she closed her eyes.

"I love you more." You grinned before walking out the door.