you're sick

"You're warm." Winter mumbled sadly as she placed her hand back on your forehead.

You hummed at her touch, feeling her cool fingertips against your skin brought you temporary relief before your hum turned into another terrible cough.

You raised your elbow to your lips and coughed into it until you stopped and dropped your head back onto the pillow.

"Are you okay, baby? Need some more cough drops?" She asked and put one in your mouth to let you suck on it, hoping it would make you feel better.

"I'm sorry you feel so terrible, my love," she frowned and caressed your cheek. You leaned into her hand and closed your heavy eyes. "You need anything?"

You started to shiver so she reached for the sheet at your feet to bring it back up to your shoulders.

"Oh, look!" She said as she looked at the clock on the table beside your side of the bed. "It's been a few hours, so you can have some more medicine now."

You groaned as she reached for the cold medicine on the table. You crinkled your nose as she poured the liquid into the cap. As she moved it close to your lips, you turned your face and shook your head.

"Take it or no cuddles."

You poured but turned to look at her once more before you slowly sat up and let her pour the medicine into your mouth before you lied back.

"You're mean." You mumbled and tried to pout again, only to have to cough into your elbow again. "Can I have some soup?"

She chuckled over how cute you were before she nodded and made sure the sheet was draped to your shoulders.

"I'll be back in a few minutes with some soup."

"And cuddles?" You asked and watched her turn around to face you when she stood in the doorway, looking back at you with a smile.

"I was only teasing you so you'd take your medicine. You know there's nothing I want more than to hold you and give you all the love and cuddles you deserve when you're so sick like this."

She blew you a kiss before walking out the door.

You yawned and closed your eyes before slipping into a deep slumber until Winter woke you a few minutes later by caressing your cheek lovingly.

You opened your eyes but closed them again when she brushed her lips against your warm forehead lingeringly.

"Got you some soup, baby."

She helped you sit up and lean against the pillows before she began to feed you. Putting spoonfuls of the soup to your lips, she made sure you ate as much of it as possible, while also making sure you drank the broth, too.

It soothed your sore throat and brought you some relief until you were full and pushed it away.

Winter put the bowl on the nightstand before she brushed locks of hair behind your ear.

"Do you feel okay?" She asked with worried eyes and a frown.

She knew you didn't feel fantastic. Being sick is never fun. But she wanted to know she was doing a good job at taking care of you and that with her love and care, you were feeling at least a little bit better.

"I'm okay. But you owe me cuddles now. You promised."

She smiled as she crawled into bed next to you. She let you lay your head on her chest and she put her arms around you to hold you. She rubbed your back in circles and kissed the crown of your head lovingly.

"I love you." She whispered.

"Love you, Winter. Thanks for taking care of me." You mumbled as you drifted off to sleep.

"There's not a thing I wouldn't do for you, y/n. I promise I'll always be here to take care of you. Sleep tight. I promise I won't let you go."