chapter nine

Yunho took a break from work. Using his vacation days accumulated during the years. He was physically and emotionally exhausted.

Even though Mingi and Yunho still avoided each other, Yunho would almost each night, wait for a drunk Mingi to come home.
Almost every night was the same, he went out, San brought him home around 4am and handed him over to Yunho.

And so he did today. He dropped Mingi in Yunho's arms again. He dragged him up the stairs to his room but Mingi refused to enter. "Let me stay in your bed tonight." Mingi pouted. Yunho froze, his movements cut by the unexpected demand. "C'mon let's get you to your bed, you're drunk."
"No. I want to sleep with you like last time. I want you to hold me in your arms." Mingi whispered.
"You promise you won't be mad at me tomorrow?" Yunho didn't think this was a good idea. Who was he kidding this was a terrible idea. But still, he wanted to hold Mingi so badly. Mingi was in a lot of pain, his dad was gone, he had to be the "men" in the house for so many years. Mingi was still a baby, deep down. And that, Yunho only saw when they we're alone, and Mingi was drunk.
Yunho wants to care for Mingi, letting him know he is loved by someone, he doesn't know how though.

At the end they slept together. Arms and legs tangled together. But this time Mingi faced Yunho's torso giving him a pretty good view of Mingi.

A few hours later Mingi woke up, waking the other sleeping lad up in the motion.

They looked each other deep in the eyes for a few moments before Mingi broke away. He realised he was naked.
Only his boxers covering him.

Mingi took the covers and put them on themselves, Yunho was wearing a cute pink pyjama set.
He crawled back in his previous spot and put an arm around Yunho, he himself was surprised by what he was able to do. He layed down in the crook of Yunho's neck and made little circular movements with his thumb over Yunho's tummy.

After a few moments of silence Mingi spoke, voice quite, almost whispering. "I'm sorry." Yunho frowned to the sudden words. "Why's that?" Mingi took a deep breath, trying to figure out what he was actually going to say now.
"I'm sorry for hurting you, back then and even now. I've never meant to be mean to you, it's just-" Mingi broke out in sobs, he was crying. Yunho had never seen him like this and tried to soothe him with "It's okay", "you're okay", "It will be alright.", "take your time". He gave little caresses in Mingi's hair, Yunho found out earlier he liked this and it did help him to calm down. After a few minutes, Mingi was only sniffling, "When I was a kid I've been raped, by a man, and nobody knows this. Well except for you now." He chuckled softly, still rubbing his thumb over Yunho's stomach. Yunho didn't know what to say, instead he held him and listened to his story, taking in every detail one by one.
"It was this afternoon, I was playing outside alone at this basketball court where my house used to be pretty close to. One day a weird man came, I still remember the sound of his voice, though his face is quite a blur. It was hot back then, so he offered me to go pick some icecream after we played basketball for a while.
As you know my dad died when I was very little, I barely remember anything so I thought this man was just being nice to me. I went with him to his house, and then he, he picked me up and brought me to his bedroom.
I remember screaming, asking for help, but no one came, no one heard me. I couldn't do anything as I was so small. He attached me to his bed and did, his things you know." Mingi looked up for the first time since he began his story, wanting to be sure Yunho understood him. "Go on." Yunho said. Mingi turned his gaze back down, staring at the blank wall facing him.
"After he used me he fell asleep. I quickly grabbed my clothes, put them back on and ran home. As quickly as I could.
When I came home my mom was waiting for me. She took me in her arms saying how worried she was because I was outside for so long. She noticed I didn't have my basketball, I forgot that at the man's house. So I made this excuse saying I lost it and I was looking for it, that that was why I was so late. She believed me so I didn't say anything, I didn't want to worry her.
Then one day she wanted to move with me to another city and I think I've never been happier because every night I had those horrible nightmares, I still do sometimes. I didn't go out without my mom or friends anymore, I was too scared to do anything. That jerk took everything from me.
Then I met my friends, San introduced me to Wooyoung and Yeosang. I later found out that San and Woo had something. In the beginning I found it hard to adjust but after a while it started to feel okay.
Now I am okay with it, I even think I am bi myself.
And I don't know why I was so mean to you before, maybe because you're a childhood acknowledge and that made me think of everything again while I just want to forget it. I'm really sorry Yunho."

"It's okay, I understand now. But you need to know that not everyone is a psychopath like him." Yunho said. "Anyways, thank you for opening up to me, that means a lot."

Mingi smiled. He was understood, it felt good, having someone to talk to and having this of his chest.