chapter twenty one

"You didn't seem so great last night. Please enjoy this."

Mingi looked blankly at the sticky note attached to his breakfast. He knew who made this. Mingi just sighed and attached the sticky note to the table. He looked over at the clock, almost 1pm.

He grabbed some of the food from the plate and started eating.

As he was about to take another bite he heard the front door open. Yunho walked in looking stunning, he probably just finished a photo shoot.

"Hey. Did you just got up?" Yunho said placing his bag on the floor and sitting in front of Mingi. He just nodded, not even looking up at Yunho, he simply couldn't face him, face reality.

After a moment of watching the younger eat, Yunho spoke up. "Do you want to talk about yesterday?" He asked hesitantly, not sure what Mingi's reaction would be.
Mingi on the other hand didn't care about Yunho's reaction or his feelings, he had to be selfish this one time. So bluntly he asked, "What are we Yunho?" As he finally dared to look up at Yunho, straight into his eyes. "What?" Yunho was taken aback by the sudden attitude Mingi was giving him. "You heard me." Yunho just sat there, figuring out what to say. "What do you want us to be?" Yunho asked, playing nervously with his fingers.

"At this point I don't even know anymore." Mingi looked back down, taking another bite.

Ouch, that hurt Yunho. "Why?" He stuttered, feeling the feeling of tears settling in his eyes. "Look, everytime after we do something you just pretend that it never happened. I don't mean to offend you, but as I recall the only thing we do is fuck. I don't want to be your fuckbuddy anymore okay? I want to feel loved to be loved. And I don't really get the feeling that you feel the same way so if that's the case just tell me and find someone else to fuck." Mingi said it. It felt like a weight off of his chest.

Yunho took a while to figure out the right words to say. He grabbed Mingi's hands softly and began to speek. "Mingi, you may feel like that but as I recall we do a lot more than just fuck. We cuddle, we go to the park, we make breakfast for each other, we watch movies, we do sleepovers.. we even talked about introducing our friend groups to each other. I don't think simple friends would do that much. Would they?" Yunho spoke as he made little circles with his thumb on Mingi's hand.

"So let me ask you again, what are we?" Mingi insisted. "I thought I was clear." Yunho smiled but soon looked serious again when he saw Mingi's facial expression. "I need to hear you say it." Mingi said, softer than before. Yunho got up and went over to Mingi's side, he kneels down in front of him and took his hand. If anyone would see this they would think he was proposing. "Song Mingi, would you make me the happiest man alive and become my boyfriend?" Yunho asked. That finally made Mingi smile as he whispered a soft yes.

Mingi was happy that he confronted Yunho. He now had a boyfriend. They decided to keep it on the low though. They wouldn't tell their friends yet nor their parents. They would act like just friends other than in their house.

It was for the best, they both didn't want rumors about two stepbrothers dating going around, when people didn't even know a fourth of their story.

If Mingi's friends asked about Yunho again he would just say they decided to stay as friends, normal stepbrothers.

He hated lying but this one is just inevitable.

______________________________________
A short chapter again but I'm in the middle of exams! I have one week left before I have my internship so I'll have more time again soon.

stay safe <3