Can't Go Through With It

Josh's POV

"You did not, oh my god Josh." Maya laughed as I told her another drunken NYU story time. She was in her final year at NYU and hadn't done anything crazy but was definitely living through my stories, and boy did I have a lot of them.

"What? You don't believe me?" I chuckled taking another sip of my beer.

"No, of course I do, I just can't believe you actually did it." She laughed again.

"Can you two please keep it down?" I heard my niece yell from down the corridor of her and Maya's apartment.

Maya and I had became so close the last couple years and it almost hurt how much, especially when I was engaged to a girl that my whole family adored. But somehow I found myself hanging out in Maya's apartment a lot more - as far as Julie knew, I was hanging here with Riley.

"Maybe I should go, Riley clearly needs to sleep." I chuckled

"Or you could stay over," she smirked, "again." I blushed at her words.

"How drunk are you?" I teased and moved closer to her, placing my hand on her thigh, slowing moving it up.

"Not drunk enough to give my full consent to you." She smirked then threw herself in my arms and placed her lips on mine in a hungry kiss.

I never thought I've ever be a cheater, but this was Maya. I couldn't bring myself to end things with Julie as our families were so close. But Maya was Maya. We first slept together a couple months ago when we were looking through Ski Lodge photos and I told her I was planning to propose and I just needed to be with her before things changed, but we got addicted to each other. We were in love and only Riley knew, apart from us, obviously.

Maya's POV

I hated myself. He might love me but I know he loves her too and it's selfish if I ask him to break of his engagement to her. This time next week he was going to be married and I would only be some fling. I watched him peacefully sleep before getting out of bed and tip-toeing to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I saw tears running down my face.

"Peaches?" Riley came in, "what's up?" She shut the door and came over and hugged me.

"I just feel so sick and I should never have let it get to this point. I love him, I love him so much and we may be sleeping together, but he's not mine Riles and he never will be." I burst into tears and let her hold me.

"I'm sorry Peaches, I wish I could do something, I hate seeing you like this." She squeezed me tighter then let me go and wiped my tears.

"It gets worse." She looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm late." I whispered causing her eyes to widen.

"Did you use protection?" She said just above a whisper tone.

"I-I don't know, we've been drunk multiple times, oh my god I hate myself." I hid my face in my hands.

"Go back and try sleep and I'll go buy you a test in the morning."

"Riles I can't sleep next to him-"

"Maya-" I turned around when I heard him say my name. "What's going on." Riley gave me a sympathetic look then went back to her room.

"You have wedding stuff all these week leading up to Saturday and I hate that you're not going to be mine, I fucking hate it." I broke down even more and tried to break away as soon as I felt him hold me but I eventually stop resisting and just let him hold me as I cried.