Trick Or Treat

Maya's POV

"You're my best friend, you know that?"

"What do you want?" I looked slyly at Riley as we sat on the bay window just after finished the last Halloweentown movie. It was Halloween day and we decided to watch all 4 movies, despite being in our senior year of high-school, before going out trick or treating later.

"Well, one of Lucas' cousin's is throwing a Halloween party and he invited me as his plus one-"

"So you want me to take Auggie, Dewey and Ava trick or treating by myself?" I questioned.

"No. I invited someone I'm sure you you'd prefer." She smirked. I narrowed my eyes are her before I heard the distant sounds of 'ms brotha' from the living room.

"Have a nice time at the party." I tried to hide my smile then walked to the living room to see Josh dressed as a Vampire.

"Should I ask Farkle to borrow an old turtle neck." I teased as he turned to look at me.

"That might be a good idea gorgeous."

"Uh, hum." Cory cleared his throat. Each month since I started senior year our flirting had gotten more and more intense, sadly I didn't think he'd make a move for another 3 months until I'm 18.

"Sorry Cor." Josh said awkwardly. Cory just shook his head.

"Right, Topanga and I are going out to see a movie and won't be in til late-ish. We've said bye to Riley and Auggie, you two behave." He said then they both left. Josh and I just burst out laughing.

"Did you know you're coming trick or treating with me, Auggie, Ava and Dewey, and your niece is going to a party."

"Yes I did know this. Now where's your costume?"

"I'll be back." I smirked then went back to get changed into my sexy waitress costume.

_________

It was quite cold out. We went around a couple streets in Greenwich village and the 3 younger ones got a lot of candy and chocolates so they were very happy. They were all staying over at Ava's tonight so thankfully none of us had to deal with the sugar highs I'm sure they'd be experiencing later on in the night.

Josh then said we should take them to NYU as a couple hallways give out candy for younger kids, and older ones too.

Everything was going great until some guy wolf whistled at my short skirt and Josh practically lost it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You think you have the right to check her out because she's got a short skirt and a tight shirt on? Well you don't. She's human and has feelings so keep your whistling to yourself in future." He put his hand in mine, I couldn't even speak, I was a little in shock at what had just happened so just followed him.

Auggie, Ava and Dewey had collected a lot of candy so we decided to take them back to Ava's.

"Hey, Josh?" I said as we were stood in the hall way of the building.

"Yeah?"

"I never got to say thank you-"

"Maya you shouldn't have to thank me. I wish I never needed to do that in the first place. Guys can be dicks."

"Not all guys." I grabbed his hand in mine and he smiled at me.

"Are you stay at Riley's?" He asked and I nodded as we neared their apartment door. "Me too."

He got out his key and unlocked the door for us both to slip inside then he locked it again.

I noticed a note on the coffee table so picked up and read it aloud to Josh,

hey guys, movie wasn't the best so decided to come have an early night instead, hope you had fun
~Cory & Topanga

"We should probably have an early night too, walking a lot is tiring." Josh said making me chuckle.

"You're probably right. I had a good time tonight, thank you again." I smiled.

"No worries Maya, and I did too. Goodnight." He smiled then started to walk towards the stairs.

"Hey, Josh?"

"Yeah?" He turned back around to face me.

"Trick or Treat?" I smirked.

"I'm gonna have to say treat." He smirked back and I kissed him.

His hands landed on my hips and mine around his neck, and he tasted of mike and ikes which made me smile into the kiss more. We both pulled back needed air.

"G'night." I smirked again and walked up to Riley's room.

Best. Halloween. Ever.