Halloween Party

Josh's POV

Why did I think going to a Halloween party at NYU was a good idea?

Halloween just happened to fall on a Saturday this year so there were multiple parties taking place all over campus - parties that happened to involve a lot of alcohol and drugs.

There were also full of girls walking around in practically nothing claiming it was they're costume and being able to get away with it. My older sister Morgan managed to pin me down, many, many of times and forced me to watch Mean Girls growing up and that's how I know that.

"Dude, we're leaving in 20 minutes, please tell me you're not going looking like that." My dorm mate, Drew, motioned to the fact I had an old tee and sweatpants on.

"I never wanted to go to this party in the first place." I groaned.

"Right, but you're coming." He chuckled.

Drew had dressed up as a pirate and his girlfriend, Cara, was going as a princess. They were definitely nauseating at times at how hopelessly romantic they both were with one another.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm only coming to get you off my back. But there's an issue with me coming - I didn't buy a costume." I went over to sit on my bed by my phone.

"Good job I bought you one." The look on his face made me worry straight away. He smirked and held up a police officer costume.

"Oh, hell no, Drew. I'm not wearing that." I stood back up.

"Oh come on, it might help get you laid, that why you won't be so stuck up all the time." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't need to get laid."

"I beg to differ. You're too stressed waiting on this whole thing 'someday' pact. It's still 3 months until that girl is eighteen-"

"Her name is Maya." I interrupted him.

"Just put it on and come to the party." He smirked then went into the bathroom to fix his hair. I rolled my eyes. Again.

I grabbed the costume and quickly got changed. I felt ridiculous. The costume even had handcuffs and a taser. I just begged no girls came up to me and made any dirty remarks tonight.

My phone went off and I grabbed up and checked the messaged and saw it was from Riley.

"thanks a lot uncle josh. mom is working a big case tonight, dad is marking a lot of tests and u stole my best friend! that means I'm stuck on taking auggie and ava trick or treating. shame on you. anyway, have a good night, keep maya safe!!!"

I was so confused. I stole Maya? I had to keep her safe? I swear if she was at this party. Maya was meant to be staying with Riley this weekend since Shawn and Katy were away in LA - Shawn was head photographer for a big Halloween party there.

"Oh goodie, you're ready. Let's go." Drew said when he came back out the bathroom.

I sighed and followed him to the party.

I knew we were nearing the party as I could smell weed and beer. If Maya was here I just hoped she was okay.

We walked in and Cara came up to Drew and kissed him. She had on a very short pink dress, very high heels and a tiara.

"You both took ages." She said as she hugged him.

"You can blame this one here." Drew pointed to me. "Let's go get a drink princess." He smirked and they walked over to a table full of beer.

I decided to just grab a bottle of water and go stand over by the window.

"Josh!" I turned around and saw Maya running towards me. She came up to me and threw her arms around me, much like she did that Christmas at Cory's place.