Little Black Dress

Maya's POV

It was a normal Saturday night - or so I thought.

After having a massive argument with this guy I had been on a few dates with, I decided to go down to the local club alone to get away from everything and everyone.

His name was Adam and we were both in our senior year at high school and were in the same Photography class. He was sweet to begin with and had a bit of harmless flirting went on, but nothing more. I made sure of that.

We had hung out a couple of times outside of school, and those outings could be classed as 'dates' I guess.

We had started fighting about him wanting to be 'boyfriend and girlfriend', and I didn't want that. The only person I wanted to call my boyfriend was Josh but I still wasn't at NYU and I was barely 18 so I had no chance of that happening anytime soon.

"5 shots of straight vodka." I presented my fake ID to the bar tender which he didn't question as he went to pour the shots.

The bar tender kept making eyes at me so I moved to to sit at a table by the window.

Josh's POV

I had been stuck in my dorm at NYU all day finishing my assignment for my business class when I had finally decided to take a walk to get some fresh air.

I walked down the back streets passed many local clubs. I walked past one and I noticed a certain gorgeous blonde sat in the window.

I went into the club that I was just aged to go into so I had no idea how Maya got in.

I walked into the main bar room and saw this guy trying to hit on Maya and he had his hand in her back and she kept tryna to push it away and she looked pissed - both drunk and angry.

"Hey what's going on here?" I questioned walking up to the table she was at.

"Josh?" She questioned.

"Hey mate, I don't know what you're doing but I already claimed her." The guy said. He was much taller and more muscular as me, but it didn't scare me.

"You 'claimed' her. I'm sorry I didn't realise that she was a prize or an object to be claimed. If I was you I'd leave now."

"Fine, but only 'cause I gotta continue my job." He looked back at Maya who was pretty much out of it and wacked her with the back of his hand on her butt, making her fall of the stool and twist her ankle.

"Josh." She cried into my arms.

"Come on, let's get you home." I had one arm around her and the other held her hand as we made our way out onto the street.

She was wearing white Adidas trainers with a little black dress, and being the gentleman I am, March in New York wasn't the warmest, so I took over my hoodie and wrapped it around her.

"Thank you." She smiled. "Josh, I can't go home, my parents will kill me."

"My dorm isn't that far, my roommate always stays at his girlfriend's over the weekend so there's a spare bed." I suggested and she nodded.

"Thank you, again."

"No worries." I then spotted a park bench a couple feet from us so lifted her onto it.

"What are you doing?" She giggled.

"It's going to take you ages to walk with your ankle, hop onto my back." I said, which she did.

When we got to my dorm she was almost asleep so I placed her on my bed and went to the bathroom. I started at myself in the mirror and splashed my face with water. I also changed into grey joggers and a plain white baggy t-shirt.

When I went back into the room, Maya was lying under the covers snuggling into my hoodie. I couldn't help but smile.

"We need to talk." I said as I say on the edge of my bed.

"That is never good." She joked.

"Maya, why did you go out alone wearing that dress and get drunk?" I question seriously.

"What do you mean by that dress?" She sat up a little.

"You're 18, you're attractive and had been drinking, not all guys would respect that. Take that bar tender for example. I just don't want people to just see you wearing that dress and think about nothing but having sex with you. You deserve more than that." I informed her.

"You think I'm attractive." She teased.

"I do, but please tell me you listened to the rest of what I said."

"I did Josh. Thank you for caring about me." She grabbed my hand.

"The 6 weeks has ended Maya." I smiled but instead of letting go I rubbed my thumb over her hand.

"Does this look like a face that cares?" She smirked.

I went under the duvet and lay beside her and she let go of my hand and lay her head on my chest.

"I got a fake ID hoping I'd see you. I've miss you, like, a lot."

"I've missed you too gorgeous, but you don't need a fake ID to impress me. Just be you, because that's the Maya I really like."

"Oh we've added a 'really'." She teased again.

"Yeah, yeah, let's sleep, it's been a long night."

"Just for the record Boing, I like you too." She smiled as she drifted off to sleep.

The perfect girl was literally holding me while she slept. I kissed her head and I wrapped my arms around her and fell asleep with the biggest smile on my face.