032.

EVELYN wanted to confide in Tom. Tell him everything that had been going on, but she couldn't.

Tom was one of her closest friends and he worries a lot about her when it comes to relationships due to her rocky past. So telling him what was going on would make him step up and say something to Matheo. That was another thing she didn't want because Matheo would then get angry at Evelyn. 

She knew that the relationship wasn't perfect, they both had different views on what makes a good relationship but she stayed because of how much she liked him. And staying with him meant that she had someone who cared about her.

Something which many people had started to notice was the way Evelyn started to distance herself away from certain people, this was Matheos doing. He didn't want Evelyn talking to people that he wasn't keen on. The people he didn't like her talking to were people who she would consider her close friends and people she wanted to bring to France and spend time at her house and show them the places she grew up.

When Evelyn was on the phone and Tom mentioned Sebastian her heart sank. He was someone Matheo wanted her to stay away from. Evelyn might be oblivious to Sebastian's feelings but everyone else wasn't. While she was trying to distance herself from Sebastian it made her avoid the others too. She didn't want to speak to them as she knew they would bring him up.

Evelyn originally came to France to see Matheo but after the article came out her father reached out to her and invited her to a family meal. By 'family' he meant his new wife and their two sons.

This family wasn't a secret, her father's new wife wasn't French and not a part of any royal family line which caused some controversy but after they had two sons together the controversy started to clear up because people saw that as hope for their town as there now would be someone to take over the throne.

Whereas Evelyn's mother was a princess and already a part of one of the most well-known families. They only had Evelyn and never planned on having any more children so Evelyn didn't grow up with anyone else in the huge house they once lived in together.

At times the house was quiet and felt empty, when it was like this Evelyn would always be out in the gardens which were covered in flowers of all types; taking photos of them or sitting in the middle of the gardens with her sketchbook and her watercolours. This is what caused her obsession with flowers. They were her reminder of the childhood she had in France.

She felt at peace there but now her childhood house was cold and empty, no one went into it, only her father if he was finding something he left behind. The house has been left for Evelyn for when she decides to move to France and leave her life in England. Her father now lived in a different manor close to the old one and Evelyn didn't spend much of her childhood in that house. She preferred to stay in England whenever she was supposed to spend some time with her father.

When he first moved into the new house she convinced herself that it was haunted because of all the random noises it made. She even made up a whole backstory to the imaginary ghost which lived there. This 'ghost' was a story she even told to her brothers when they started to grow up and she was visiting.

As Evelyn pulled up to the house, she laughed at how familiar the house looked. She was now wishing that she had asked Julia or Maria to be with her, scared to be alone and vulnerable around her father that she once knew but who was now just a distant memory. She got out of her car and walked over to the door and before she could even lift her hand to knock on the door the familiar butler opened the door.

"Édouard?" His stern face instantly turned to a soft smile as he recognised the girl.

"Mademoiselle Abreo, c'est sympa de te revoir." he ushered the girl inside smiling at the now grown up girl he used to look after. "Entrez, il fait froid."

"Miss Abreo, it's nice to see you again." "Come in, it's cold."

Édouard was their butler at Evelyn's childhood home and he would also double as Evelyn's best friend who was always down to play different board games when her parents went out to fancy meals. He made this trip to the house somewhat bearable.