Chapter 23: Unfortunate Events

A/N: I haven't posted a new chapter of this for two months. Sorry about that. Enjoy.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Laura questioned Daken with a growl.

Daken chuckles and scratches the back of his head. "What part of 'half-brother' do you not understand?" He asked with a sigh as he puts his hands on his hips.

"Sorry, but I don't remember being told that I have a brother that looks like a shitty Bladerunner extra," Laura spat at the mohawk man's face.

Daken wipes the spit off his face and grins at Laura.

Laura glares at him while looking at the others around Daken. She saw Taskmaster with him, along with other people she doesn't recognize. There was a young man with a hand on his face, another man with scars, a schoolgirl with a creepy smile, etc.

"Daken, you still haven't explained to me why we need the girl," Shigaraki grabs Daken's shoulder, leaving his thumb off the man's skin to avoid using his quirk.

Taskmaster was about to grab his sword's hilt until the reptile-like villain, Spinner, held his katana up against the masked man's throat.

Taskmaster looked at Spinner with a deadly glare. "I can break your hands before you can even reach my neck, boy."

"Stand down, Tasky," Daken chuckled and looked at Shigaraki. "Come on, Tomura-kun, I helped bring Bakugo here, and you and your pals helped bring Laura here," he continued. "What I have planned with my little sister will be a great help to your little club of fiends."

Daken looks around, seeing the other villains being cautious of him and Taskmaster. He grinned at this. "Besides~, all of you would have a bullet in your head before a fight breaks out between us."

While this was going on, the psychopathic assassin, Bullseye, was eight hundred meters away from the bar Daken and Tomura's group is in. He aimed at the windowless window through a thermal scope on a 50. Caliber sniper rifle. He had a smirk on his face, ready to fire if a fight ever broke out.

"Now, if you all excuse me," Daken clapped his hands as a middle-aged British man with glasses entered the room. "Dr. Windsor, Miss Laura Kinney is ready for reprogramming."

The doctor bowed his head. "Then let's begin," he said as he entered a different room as Taskmaster grabs Laura in the chair, picking her up and carrying her into the room.

Laura was shaking violently in the chair, screaming and cursing at them until she left the room.

"Reprogramming?" Dabi asks. "What does that mean?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough," Daken chuckled. "Now, who wants pizza?"

~~~

Later, Robbie was waiting at the abandoned warehouse. He remembered Tommy telling him that he'll get Miles five minutes ago.

The Hispanic boy sat inside of his as Riri walked up to him from the outside. She knocked on the window of the muscle car, getting Robbie's attention as he rolled the window down for her.

Riri was holding two cups of coffee in her hands. "Coffee?" She asked him.

Robbie nodded and opened the door for her after she backed away before going inside and handing him a cup. She sat down in the passenger seat and looked at him.

"Robbie is not gonna be happy once Tommy kidnaps him," Riri chuckles as she drank from her cup.

"I told Tommy to tell Miles the details and let him decide if he wants to help or not," Robbie sighed as he takes a sip from his cup. "You sure you wanna do this?" He asked Riri. "Aren't you doing well at U.A?"

"I am, but I wanna help Laura," Riri answered. "She's a friend, and when a friend's in need, I gotta help."

Robbie chuckled softly and shook his head, finishing his cup of coffee.

"So, you have a crush on her or something?" Riri asks suddenly, almost causing Robbie to spill the coffee.

Robbie clears his throat and looks at Riri with a nervous smile. "What?" He asked with a chuckle. "Was it obvious?"

"It's always obvious when the question is asked," Riri giggles softly. "And when you get a reaction like that."

Before Robbie could retort, they saw Tommy appear in front of them with a teenage black with him.

"I got him!" Tommy called out as he had his arm around Miles.

Miles sighed and looked down at the floor with his eyes closed, shaking his head. "We better be back before 10 A.M."

Robbie and Riri came out of the car and look at Miles.

"Great to have you join us, Morales," Robbie smiled at him.

"You helped me back in Manhattan, so I guess I owed you one," Miles chuckles nervously. He looks at the three before looking back at Robbie. "So, what's the plan?"

"Midoriya and his group will be looking for Bakugo and Laura," Robbie answered as he continued. "So, we're gonna follow them."

~~~

"So, this is the kid you sacrificed three of your guys for?" Daken chuckled as he squats down to be at eye level with Bakugo. "He looks like an angsty hulk, minus the green."

"You really wanna make jokes with me, mohawk?" Bakugo questioned angrily. "I'll blow you to goddamn bits!"

"Remove his bindings, Daken," Shigaraki orders.

"You sure you wanna do that?" Dabi asks him. "He'll go ballistic."

"We brought him here to recruit him, so it's only fair we treat him as an equal," Shigaraki gestures to Daken to cut Bakugo's binds.

Daken unsheathed his claws and used them to cut the bindings off Bakugo's hands as he smirked at him. "Show me what you got."

Once Bakugo was free, he immediately activated his Explosion quirk onto Daken's face.

The other villains, excluding Shigaraki, had their weapons ready to fight.

Daken's face was blown off, showing his adamantium skull as he laughs, making Bakugo look at him in disgust as the mohawk man's face regenerated back to normal immediately.

"I gotta say, that pretty hurt," Daken chuckled in amusement.

"She's ready, Daken," Dr. Windsor entered the room after exiting the one where he worked on Laura.

"Her?" Bakugo looked at the doctor before looking back at Daken. "What the hell did he—"

"Shhhh," Daken puts a finger up to his lip as a grin formed on his face. "Come on out, Laura-chan~."

As he said so, growling can be heard from inside of the other room—footsteps towards the door as it entered the bar.

Bakugo looked at the figure in shock and disbelief, seeing Laura with a metal helmet on her head that has tubes and wires attached to her body, as well as a red visor covering her eyes. She has her teeth clenched as she snarled lowly like an animal.

Daken looks at Laura with an amused smile. "Oh, Laura-chan~, you look just like father~."