Chapter 26: An Opening to Save Them Both

A/N: It looks like we got that milestone in rankings. #1 in #laura. It probably won't last long if I don't write consistently. So here is chapter 26. I hope you're enjoying the book, and be sure to vote the chapters and comment if you want more chapters.

While Ghost Ruder and his comrades were battling All for One, the League of Villains, including Daken and his crew, were fighting off the heroes and cops that invaded the bar.

Taskmaster was fighting against Edgeshot while Daken was slashing at Kamui Woods.

Laura was still given the order to try and kill All Might, but the number one hero avoids all of her attacks, reluctant to fight the young girl.

"Laura, what's gotten into you?!" All Might shouted as he avoided her slashes, getting a few cuts from her adamantium claws.

"Sniper!" shouted a police officer before he got shot in the head.

Outside, the police were scrambling, either running for cover or being shot dead as Bullseye was picking them off like flies.

Endeavor growled as he looked around for the shooter. As I he looked around, he saw portals appearing near him.

Bullseye noticed the portals through his scope and stopped shooting. "Guess this is where I stop for now." He said as he got up to leave.

Bakugo noticed the portals as well, seeing Nomus coming out of them.

"Nomus?!" Kamui Woods exclaimed, shocked to see the monsters coming out of the splashy portals.

"That can't be, he's unconscious," Edgeshot turned over to Kurogiri who is out cold.

"This is our cue then," Taskmaster said as the black liquid engulfs him before disappearing along with the assassin.

The same thing happens to the other villains, along with Bakugo and Laura.

After this happens, All Might let out a scream of anger and frustration.

Present day

"Damn it!" yelled Bakugo in frustration as he dodged attacks from the League of Villains, blasting any that came his way with his quirk.

But once Laura started rushing at him, slashing her claws at him, he couldn't attack for some reason. He knew for a fact that if he ever uses his quirk on her, she'll be fine since she can heal fast. Then why not do it?

"Graaaggghhh!" Laura roared as she continued slashing and thrusting her claws at Bakugo.

Bakugo barely manages to keep himself from getting cut. Suddenly, Laura headbutts her metal helmet into Bakugo, bashing him into the ground.

Bakugo grunts in pain from the headbutts, he looks up and saw Laura get on top of him, aiming her claws at him before throwing them down towards her classmate.

He quickly grabs Laura's wrists to stop them from stabbing him. He struggles as he looks up at the animalistic Laura, growling at him.

"Damn it, Laura!" he grunted in frustration. "Are you seriously gonna let these guys control you like this?!"

Laura ignores him, using her strength to push her claws closer to the boy's head.

"Come on, Laura-chan~!" shouted Daken playfully. "Don't kill the boy just yet!"

Despite the calls from Daken, Laura continued to push her claws down for the kill.

"Laura!" Bakugo's shouts started to sound more desperate than frustrated. "Fight it!" he shouted. "Fight it!"

Laura's arms were shaking like they were hesitating to keep going.

"H-Help..." a tear drop streamed down her cheek and dropped onto Bakugo's face. "H-Help me..."

This was a first for Bakugo. Sure he's seen Midoriya cry plenty of times, but that was it. Seeing a girl who experienced so much bloodshed by her own hands and tried her best to make a change only for it to happen again—it's not something you'd normally see in someone his age.

Realizing what was going on, Spinner was the first to act, running towards them before swinging his makeshift sword at the two.

Laura noticed this and grabs Bakugo before rolling away from the swing.

"Shit, guess it was a bust," Daken sighed. "Alright, let's get them restrained and try this again."

Bakugo stared at Laura in shock. She protected him. But Spinner's blade got her. She didn't get cut, but her helmet was destroyed and came off of her. Laura looked exhausted and suddenly fell onto Bakugo.

"Hurry up and grab them!" Shigaraki ordered until he saw a giant ramp of ice appear from thin air in the distance.

Bakugo noticed this as well and picked up Laura on his back. He saw Kirishima with Iida and Deku launched off the ice ramp. They flew across the battlefield at a great height from the ground.

"Come!" Kirishima shouted as he held his hand out.

Bakugo looked at Laura on her back who wrapped her arms around him. "Hold on," he told her before blasting them off from the ground and towards the three.

Bakugo managed to grab Kirishima's hand, while still having Laura holding onto him.

"Took ya long enough!" Bakugo shouts with a grin.

The villains watched the students get away. Shigaraki's eyes twitching in anger.

"Damn it, don't let them get away!" Shigaraki shouts.

"Nah we're done," Daken sighed and scratched his head. "We can't get em like this, so we're out."

"What?" Shigaraki looked over at Daken.

"Sorry, pal," Daken said as a big black spot appeared behind him. "We'll talk next time at the next meeting." He said before going through along with Taskmaster.

Later

While All Might and All for One were fighting on live television, Laura was put in a hospital room.

"She'll be fine," the nurse told Midoriya and the others with him who all sighed in relief, excluding Bakugo who was sitting down next to the bed Laura laid in.

We didn't really get to talk much...

He remembered her telling him that. He wished they got to talk for longer.

"You ok, Kaachan?" Midoriya asked his childhood friend.

Bakugo shot a glare at him before barking. "Shut the hell up, Deku!"

"I-I was just asking how you were feeling," Midoriya stammered nervously.

"Holy crap..." Kirishima said as he looked at the TV in the hospital room showing live footage of the fight.

All Might looked weak, like he had no chance in winning. But they didn't lose hope in him. No one did. Because in the end, the battle would end in one final smash.