Chapter 8: The Devil

A/N:
Thank you for supporting the story. Comment if you enjoyed the chapter.

Internships start in a week. I sighed to myself as I looked at the paper that was given to me that has the offers I got from a lot of hero agencies and offices... who is Matthew Murdock?

I turn to Tsu and made a 'psst' sound to her, getting her attention.

"Hey, Tsu. Did you get an offer from a Matthew Murdock?" I asked her.

Tsu shook her head, "No. I don't think I know who he is, ribbit."

I raised a brow and looked back at the offers on my paper. I shrugged and put the following as my choices.

First Choice: Matthew Murdock
Second Choice: Gunhead's Hero Agency
Third Choice: Future Foundation

One Week Later

We're at the train station, ready to go to our internships. I look at Momo who is beside me and is holding a briefcase.

"Everyone has costumes," I said to her.

Momo nodded. "We made them last year." She explained, "it's kinda qualified."

I don't have a costume. I sighed to myself. "I'll try and make myself a costume," I muttered to myself.

Later

Hosu City. This is the place where Iida's brother got beaten up real bad by some hero killer named Stain.

I look up at a crummy-old apartment building where this Murdock guy lives. I went inside and went to the third floor where his room number is 11. I knock at the door.

The door was opened by a brunette-haired man, probably in his late forties. He wore sunglasses with gothic rose lenses. He was holding what appears to be a walking stick. He must be blind.

"You must be Laura Kinney." He assumed correctly.

For a blind man, I was surprised he knew who I was. "Y-Yes I am, Mr. Murdock."

"Come in, come in." He said, welcoming me inside. I walked into the room, the place looks bland and empty.

"Are you a hero?" I asked him.

"Some people say that." He answered. He gave me a cup of tea as I took it from him before taking a sip.

Murdock walked towards the kitchen.
"How good are your reflexes?" He asked.

"Huh?" Before I could properly answer, I saw a red baton flying towards me. I immediately caught it and saw Mr. Murdock running towards me and swung a punch at me as I immediately dodge it.

He threw more punches at me as I block them. He spin-kicks me, pushing me into a wall. I look at Mr. Murdock who is in a fighting stance.

"Remember, Laura: Never underestimate your foes, despite the way they look." Mr. Murdock advised.

I nodded as a response and got into a fighting stance myself.

He ran towards me again and attempted to kick me once more. Instead, I caught the kick and yanked him off balance. He flipped himself back up and started throwing punches at me. I block and dodge most of the punches. He jumps away from me and pulls out two red batons from his waist.

He charges at me again, but this time-I'm ready. When he got close, I dodge the batons he swung at me and ducked from the next swing. I managed to grab his legs and yank him off his feet. I get on top of him and got my claws out, pointing them at his face.

Mr. Murdock chuckles softly. "Wolverine claws?" He asked.

I was surprised how he could tell, despite him being blind. I get off of him as he stands up.