Chapter 4: Calvary Battle

A/N: If you are enjoying the story. Vote and add the story to your reading list.

It was time for Midnight to introduce the next event, and only forty-two students at the top have earned the right to proceed to this event. I was pumped up.

The event is called "Calvary Battle". After Midnight explained the rules, she gave us fifteen minutes to build our teams. I look around to see most people already in groups. I look to see Izuku all alone. I want to join him but I don't want to risk becoming a target bt everyone. Since the others only think I only have regeneration powers; I wouldn't be much of use to them.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Robbie behind me, which kinda caused me to jump a bit. "Jesus, Robbie," I exclaimed.

Robbie chuckles at me. "My bad, Laura. You have anyone to team with?" He asked me.

I look at him and shook my head. "No, why?"

"I was wondering if you want to join my team?" He offered.

My eyes lit up. Thank god. That means I don't have to talk to anyone. I thought to myself. I look back at him and nodded. "Sure. I don't think I properly introduced myself." I held my hand out to him. "Laura Kinney."

Robbie looks at me with a smile and took my hand, shaking it. "Robbie Reyes."

Robbie and I walked towards a boy with white hair and an African-American girl with a pretty nice afro.

Robbie turns to me and gestured to the white-haired boy. "This is Tommy Shepard from the General Studies Department." Thomas waved at me as I smiled back nervously. Robbie gestured to the girl, "This is Riri Williams from the Support Department." Robbie looks at the two and puts his arm around me. "And I'd like to introduce you two to Laura Kinney."

Riri held her hand out to me and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Laura."

I smiled back and took her hand to shake it. "It's nice to meet you too, Riri."

I look at the time and found out we have eight minutes until the event starts. "All right, guys. I have a plan." Robbie gets all of our attention on him. "Tommy you'll be left wing, Riri you'll be right wing and I'll be the one who Laura is riding on."

I widened my eyes but I wasn't really surprised since I got second place in the obstacle course, but his wording just sounded weird to me. I turn to Riri who is holding some case of sorts.

"Tommy and I will be using boot-mounted repulsor jetpacks." She said

"I assume most people will be after the kid with ten million points, so Laura will snatch their points while they're distracted," Tommy said.

Robbie puts his hands together. "All right then. Let the games begin."

The games have begun. I wore a headband around my head with the number of points I got for being in second place. I sat on Robbie's back while Riri and Tommy supported on the sides of me. And Tommy was right, most of the teams when after Izuku except for some mischievous-looking blonde boy and his team.

I did what my team wanted me to do, snatch headbands from a few teams to take their points. I saw tongue fly towards me and caught it. It felt slimy and disgusting. "Eww... sorry Tsu!" I let go off the tongue as we boost away from them.

Now that most of the teams lost their headbands, we are now targeting Izuku and his team. We were about to approach them until everyone that was around Todoroki's team got electrocuted and their legs frozen to the ground. We stopped and looked at them. I look down at my teammates.

"Any of you guys have any powers we can use for offence?" I asked them.

"I'm fast but I don't think it'll help with the three of you guys," Tommy said.

"My equipment was made for flying, it doesn't shoot plasma blasts." Said Riri.

I look down at Robbie who looked up at me and shook his head as I remember what he did before.

"Let's fly over them," Riri suggested as she, Robbie and Tommy used their jetpack gauntlets to fly over the frozen teams and towards Todoroki's and Izuku's team. Robbie was holding what looked to be a grappling hook.

"Jump towards them to grab their headbands, I'll throw this at you and pull you back," Robbie advised as I nodded. One more minutes left, I look at the scoreboard and saw that my team is in third place.

I stood up and jumped towards Todoroki who snatched the headband from Izuku. Sucks for him, I snatched the headband from him.

I felt like we were in slow motion and we both made eye contact with each other. Todoroki looked at me in shock while I looked at him with a smirk on my face. I saw the grapple that was thrown at me as I caught it. Robbie pulled me back onto him before Todoroki's team could lay a finger on me.

Time was up. The crowd cheers for all of us. I look up at the score board with a smile on my face.

First Place, Team Laura. Second Place, Team Todoroki. Third Place, Team Bakugo. And Fourth Place, Team Midoriya.

I felt myself being raised up higher and saw Riri, Robbie and Tommy carrying me and cheering my name. I couldn't help but smile until I saw Bakugo and Todoroki glaring at me. I ignore them and smiled down at my teammates.

"These four teams will proceed to the final event!"