chapter 4

⚠Mature content⚠

---------------------------

-the day before Dee Dee leaves

The next two weeks flew by so quickly. Tom and Dee Dee tried their best to spend as much time with each other before she left. They went on multiple dates, such as going out for dinner, stargazing, karaoke, and of course lots of lovemaking. Tom was also kind enough to help her pack for the three weeks she would be spending in New York, which only ended up in more sex.

Today would be the last day they had together before she leaves. Tom planned to take her out for a final dinner. While on break he had made reservations at Ocean Prime, an Upscale chain which is known for its sophisticated decor, long wine list & classic steak & seafood menu.

When he returned home he found Dee Dee on the couch with her laptop, looking through some emails.

"Hello darling Dee" sang Tom, sitting next to her. "Hello, loverboy." beamed Dee Dee looking up from her computer, leaning in to kiss him. " I hope you don't have anything planned for the evening." Tom started, Dee Dee looked up at him with confusion "Why?" she asked. "Because my darling I am taking you out for dinner to that restaurant you wanted to try out. Oceans Prime."

Hearing Tom's statement Dee Dee squealed joyfully and jumped up, but not before carefully putting her laptop on the coffee table, pulling Tom up with her. She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, Tom was astounded by her actions. He knew she would be excited, he just wasn't expecting her to be THIS excited.

With her face buried in his chest, she whispered "Thank you." to which he whispered back "You're welcome, I'm glad you're happy." his words brought tears to her eyes, but she quickly blinked them back. Her mother's words played in the back of her mind "Men don't like emotional women, so STOP CRYING!" those words have been with her since she was 11.

She quickly composed herself and un-wrapped her arms. "I'm gonna go shower and get prettier," she stated with a peck to his lips. Tom chuckled at her statement.

With Dee Dee upstairs he couldn't help but think about her reaction to his gesture. It brought pure happiness to him that she was so excited but something wasn't right, he knew he had to talk to her about it.

After Dee Dee finished showering she walked into the closet, that they now share, and picked out her outfit. When she had the perfect outfit she took it to the guest-bedroom and went to inform Tom that she had finished.

"Lovebug, I'm finished showering."Dee Dee stated whilst walking downstairs in nothing but a robe, "I'm getting dressed while you are showering."

"Lovebug?" Tom questioned amusedly, he got up and walked up to her. "Yes, you're my lovebug nothing you can do about it," answered Dee Dee proudly, "There's nothing I want to do about it, sunshine," He smirked

Dee Dee scoffed at the nickname "sunshine?" she asked to which Tom replied "Yes sunshine" he replied before picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. The move caused Dee Dee to squeal "what are you doing?" she laughed. Tom just continued to walk up the stairs and said "What do you think?". When he reached the bedroom door she quickly jumped down at ran into the guest bedroom and said: "No we're on a time limit Hawkins, what time do we need to be there anyway?".

"We have until 7" Stayed Tom with a smirk "SEVEN? OH MY GOD, I ONLY HAVE TWO HOURS TO GET READY!?" Dee Dee exclaimed

Her response made Tom burst out laughing "Dee, honey you'll be fine." he said, making his way to her and taking her in his arms. He kissed her forehead "Okay ill let you go get ready.", with that he let her go and watched her walk into the guest bedroom. When she was out of sight her let out a sigh and quietly said "God I love you, Dee."