Chapter 5

-Louis point of view-

I went into work the next day with a brave face. After last night, Alex was all I could think about. He hurt me in ways sometimes I don't even understand. But I remember what he did and why no sane human being could forgive him.

"Hey Lou." Niall smiled. As usual, he was strumming his guitar strings. He played it slow and even. I liked his soft slow strumming. It almost gave me a sense of happiness.

"Hey Niall. When's first tattoo?" I asked. He stopped plucking on the strings.

"Tattoo 12, Piercing, 10, 15 minutes" He shrugged. I nodded at his information and began set up. "So guess who I talked to this morning?" Niall smirked jumping off his usual counter he sits on.

"I don't know who" I said without anticipation.

"Woah don't get so excited geez. But Liam called and said he'd be around with Harry later." I froze for a second but then continued getting out supplies.

"Why are you telling me this?" Niall frowned, even though my back was to him, I could feel it.

"I just thought maybe you two could talk. He did leave his beanie here maybe you should give it back. Check on his tattoo. make nice maybe?" He chuckled at the last bit, but I still didn't react much to his words. However, my heart skipped a beat at the sight of seeing the curly haired boy again along with his friend. They seem nice, but everyone seems nice now a days. Everyone has two faces. The "Hello I'm the best friend you are looking for" and the "You hood rat with tattoos you unloved malediction. You worthless waste of space." Words I had heard from Alex numerous times.

"I don't really make nice anymore Niall. If I were to make nice, it'd only be with you or Megan or Anna, I'm not very trusting in case you haven't already noticed." I replied in a low voice. He sighed and I felt two hands on my shoulders moments later.

"When are you gonna believe me when I say they're not like Alex in any way, shape, or form. They're two cuties in college. And Liam shouldn't even dare hurt a fly!" Niall assured. I removed myself from his slight grip.

"I wasn't talking about Liam in that bit I said. You can love up on Liam all you want." Niall smiled slightly.

"You like Harry don't you? I wouldn't blame you, he's cute."

"He also seems like the type of guy that makes you think you're important then throws you in the dust"

"Louis, He isn't Al-"

"You don't nor will you ever know that until you learn what is going on in his head. You won't know what goes on in his head if you keep digging into his personal life. And the more you did Niall, the deeper shit you're in." I told him.

"That may be so. But my mum always said you gotta dig to find the diamonds. And if you quit, somebody's gonna take that golden opportunity away."

"Are we still talking about Harry?" I asked. He and I chuckled

"Sure. Harry can be your diamond. Make sure nobody takes him from you or drops him. He may seem strong, but he's fragile" Niall told me.

"Yeah whatever." I mumbled. I heard the familiar ringing of the bell at the top of the door, sure enough in walked one of my favorite clients. I was actually pretty good friends with him. His name was Zayn. We gave him loads of tattoos. Not like ours. Nowhere close to our amount of ink on his body, however he did have a half sleeve, a couple of tattoos on his other arm. And a few little ones sprawled around his tanned body.

"Ey Z" Niall called out to him.

"Hi guys" He said in his Bradford accent. He wasn't from around here exactly, but he spent the last few years of his life here. He walked in with a girl, she had purple hair. I didn't dare question it though. She was still gorgeous anyways.