𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

'Liar.'

That's all Bad thought of everytime Dream touched his hand, holding his hand whenever they would go out. Bad just felt icky all over, his guilt hidden under a pound of makeup and washed away as his unrequited heart was jumping with glee.

Sometimes it didn't manifest into guilt, sometimes he didn't know which side of his him dealt with the affectionate gesture. Either way, it still put a negative pool in his stomach.

He didn't want to feel the guilt anymore.

Bad didn't even have anyone to tell it to. He barely interacted with the iDots and didn't want to disturb them anymore. He shouldn't be allowed to feel happy. He shouldn't be allowed to feel joy everytime they went on a date or just hung out.

Dream, was clearly so happy, did nothing but made Bad feel like they were the only two on the Earth. It always made Bad's heart clench with the overwhelming feeling to throw up. Ashamed at how he played such a caring lover.

Dream just wanted to wanted to take him on dinner dates. Stating how him being with Bad made him feel happy, made him forget about his own negative thoughts. Bad could say the same at certain points.

The blonde sometimes reached his hand across the table to grab the brunet's hand. The moment was always short-lived in an outsider's point of view but it made Bad feel like he was on clouds.

He didn't worry about anything.

The gesture was so simple yet so intimate and it always made Bad's heart flutter. Even the awareness of his makeup, even with the conscious of his uncharacteristic outfit and wig, it didn't stop his heart from taking the genuine gesture.

Sometimes Bad just wished he could stop time and live in a moment he was yearning for. Small moments were always something to value. Even if looking back they seemed fake, they felt real.

The warmth of the gangleader's hands never left him, even when he got dropped off home. Bad always touching his hand where the reminisce of Dream's hand making Bad's face flush as thoughts of the blond continued to hold and cherish him.

Once Dream invited Bad over, and they talked. They talked and chattered, even got close to cuddle. Talking about whatever future there was.

Dream's hand wrapped around Bad's, and all of his thoughts interrupting. One part telling him that he was just playing the other man. Another part telling him that this is the love he lived for, dreamt for.

It made Bad feel overwhelmingly guilty.

He didn't want to hurt anyone. He didn't want to be hurt. Praying to a god he didn't believe in for Dream to not notice what he was. He may sound like a broken record player, but it was the truth.

Dream then started talking about his childhood.

How his childhood was lined up for happiness but shot down. He'd talk about how his parents were caring and supportive of everything he did in school, but ultimately, toxic to each other. He mentioned how the toxicity of their arguments manifested in his mind.

Bad asked why they'd stayed together instead of getting a divorce. Dream just shrugged it off with a "They probably only stayed together because of the financial support," before laughing it off.

"Or maybe because they didn't want to lose me."

It made Bad feel sympathetic for the gangleader. Do they make criminals out of broken childhoods? Dream would always laugh after telling something personal, always making his childhood seem more light-weighted than what his words actually meant. Was Dream lying too?