2 | Family

" Blue moonlight
The night is already deep
Where are you going?
Ah, ah, ah "

" Blue moonlightThe night is already deepWhere are you going?Ah, ah, ah "

The atmosphere was dark and somber at Mr Kawazu's funeral. Yuna stood at the entrance of the hall, bowing and thanking relatives and other guests' for their visits.

The past few days Yuna had cried so much that her eyes were so puffy. Her heart still ached so much, but no tears would fall. She couldn't believe that her superhero, the one who had raised her up so well and supported her every step of the way, was gone.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Yuna." Her Aunt Riku said, hugging her tightly. "How could this have happened?"

At first, everyone thought that he had gotten into a terrible accident. After much investigation, the authorities had explained and ruled it as a suicide, stating that the police had found Mr Kawazu's body on the sidewalk of an industrial area. After a thorough autopsy, the results had showed that he had died from falling off the building near the area he was discovered. Yuna knew very well that he couldn't have been suicidal. She knew her father; He wasn't depressed. If anything, it was definitely not a suicide. He would never leave her.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard she had tried to convince the police that there was definitely more to his case and that he was not depressed, there were no other evidence or sufficient surveillance cameras to prove what had exactly happened at that time, which was pure absurdity. Yuna was furious, so angry that she couldn't even speak.

Just then, a group of unfamiliar people walked through the entrance. Yuna looked at them in confusion, then she remembered. They were her mother's family. Before she had passed, Yuna's family would regularly fly to Seoul, South Korea to visit her relatives there for the new year. However, after her mother's death, they grew distant and never spoke much to them afterwards, causing her to slowly drift away from her Korean heritage.

"Hello, Yuna. It's been a while. I'm so sorry that we had to come visit you like this." Her mother's sister, Mrs Kim looked sorrowful as she held her niece's hand. "Stay strong."

She then saw her cousins emerge from behind their mother. She had only met them once when she was about four years old during a visit to Korea.

"You remember my sons, Junkyu and Doyoung, yes?" Mrs Kim motioned them to shake hands with her, and so they did.

"Thank you for coming all the way here." Yuna murmured softly.

Doyoung shook his head. "Of course we had to. Although we never spent much time together as cousins, we're still family."

Junkyu smiled awkwardly and nodded his head, agreeing with his brother. Soon, more guests start to arrive and Yuna starts to learn more about her Korean relatives, almost as if it were a family reunion. It was, but a sad one.

As she headed over to the corner to clear some tables, she felt someone tap on her shoulder. She spun around and saw a man, probably around the same age as her, waving at her. She recognized Yoon Jaehyuk, the Yoon family's son. Both Yuna's parents and the Yoons were close friends. Her father regularly kept in touch with them even after her mom's passing. Their son, Jaehyuk, was a young entrepreneur who started his own IT business in Tokyo.

"Hello, Yuna. It's nice to finally meet you. I'm so sorry about your loss."

"It's okay, I'm fine..." She said softly, her voice sounding weak.

Jaehyuk noticed her exhausted expressions and immediately put his hand out for support.

"Here, do you need to rest?"

"N-no, it's fine, I—"

Before he knew it, Yuna collapsed onto the floor. Shocked, he hurriedly knelt down.

"Yuna! Somebody, help!"

__

Yuna blinked open her eyes and found herself lying inside a ward. I'm in the hospital? A nurse emerged from the door and walked towards her.

"Good evening, Miss Kawazu. Earlier this afternoon, you had collapsed and was sent here to the hospital. You are currently very weak, your body is tired and dehydrated. It's nothing serious, so you can be discharged by tomorrow. The doctors have already prescribed the medication you will need as well." The nurse explained thoroughly and clutched the clipboard on her chest.

"I see... Thank you."

Just then, the door opened once again. Yuna almost jumped when she recognized her father's robot, Asahi, walk in.

"Asahi!?" She bursted out. "How did you find me?"

"Excuse me, who are you?"

Asahi turned to the nurse and blinked his eyes once. "I'm Asahi."

The nurse rolled her eyes. "Of course you are, Sherlock."

"Thanks."

Asahi ignored the nurse's baffled look and turned to Yuna.

"Let's go. I'll take you back to your father's funeral."

Yuna sat up straight. "What? B-but how-?"

"Let's go."

Asahi carried her on his back and walked out of the ward, much to the nurse's disbelief. He walked them into the elevator and down to the carpark, where there was her father's car waiting for them.

"You drive?" She asked, surprised.

"I'm programmed to do anything. I can do a cartwheel, sing, cook, write music, fold your panties, drive... Your dad worked very hard to complete this excellent software."

When she remembered her father once again, Yuna wanted to burst out crying. How could this have happened? It felt as if she was just having a nightmare, and once she woke up again it would all be over, but she couldn't.

As they pulled to a stop, Yuna got out of the car and thanked Asahi again. He nodded his head and motioned to her to head inside.

Yuna walked a few steps before stopping abruptly. She turned around and faced Asahi. Her eyes were tearing up again.

"Asahi... you're my only family now. My mother is gone... my father... is also gone... At least, knowing that you're here, it's almost as if a part of Dad is still with me... since he built you."

Upon hearing that, Asahi's eyes shimmered a little. Yuna broke into a weak smile and hugged him tightly.

To Be Continued...

omg a rushed update because 600 followers!!!???? INSANE tysm 😭 also, this happens ALL THE TIME but i already have a full plot in my head but i can't write the starting chapters it's so annoying i just want to get started on the epic parts GRRRR