Time Trials

Bad's POV

"Darryl!" I heard Harvey shutting the door. I got to my feet, walking closer to the main door.

I audibly gasped at the sight of Harvey and Tubbo standing right next to each other. Tubbo didn't meet my eyes, his focus on the ground. I looked back to Harvey who didn't seem disturbed by the fact a literal guard from the castle was in our house.

"Harvey, why is he here?" I asked, looking over Tubbo. He carried a bag, but I could also see a sword on his side. Armed and ready, for what? He obviously wasn't attacking us.

"No time, Tubbo come on." Harvey dragged Tubbo over to the couch by Skeppy. I followed watching them. Tubbo looked over Skeppy and felt his head a bit, wincing when he did.

"Burning up, it must've set in already." Tubbo said. He tossed his bag to the side and looked over his wound.

"What set in? What is going on here?" I asked anyone. Harvey sighed and turned to me.

"Tubbo says the arrow that his friend shot was laced with poison. When it hit Skeppy, it immediately entered his bloodstream. Even with us removing the arrow, the poison is in him." Harvey explained. I put my hand over my mouth, looking down to watch Tubbo again. He rested his head in his hand, his eyes looking over Skeppy.

"Any possible way you guys have some type of doctor nearby?" Tubbo stood up, looking up at me. I glanced at Harvey. He knew the area the best.

"Well, yea, we have one. But isn't that suspicious to bring him in?"

"Well it's either bring him to the doctor or let him die." We all stood in silence. Tubbo was right, even if it meant blowing our cover to the public, Skeppy needed help that we couldn't provide for him.

"I think Red's office is open still." All of jumped and turned to see Finn and Vurb standing in the doorway. Neither of them even questioned the fact Tubbo was here, they just seemed to think it was okay. People are way too trusting these days.

"Then let's go, move it people!" Harvey got us moving quickly. Finn and Vurb were to carry Skeppy again while me and Tubbo packed some food and clothes for the rest of us. We were out the door and on the way to Red's office within minutes.

Me and Tubbo fell behind everyone as they walked swiftly. I glanced at Tubbo. When I had left the castle months ago, Tubbo had been this chatty, kind, sweet boy who was always trying to cheer everyone up. Now, he was a quiet, tired mess of a child.

"I know... I know it might be hard to understand, Darryl, but I know why you left now." I looked at Tubbo quizzically. "It's not fair. All these people live in fear of the kings. And after all I've seen... I just know that while I might be betraying a few people, that I'm doing the right thing." I smiled a little. Tubbo reminded me of Mega in a way. A little less opinionated, but he had the fire burning inside of him.

"I felt the same way when I went with Skeppy. It didn't feel right, but after finding out Finn's and Vurb's stories and seeing all these villages, it just made me realize that this wasn't a nice type of monarchy. It's a dictatorship." I shook my head, looking to my right. There was the castle, all high and mighty on the tallest hill.

"So that is Skeppy, right?" Tubbo asked. 

"Yeah, that's him. Harvey was the guy you met, Finn is the tall brown haired guy, and Vurb is the shorter one." I pointed each one out. Tubbo nodded, seeming to take notes of each guy's appearance.

"Ok, got it. They were the ones who attacked the nurses and guards in the medical corridor." I nodded. "I'm... sorry about Mega. Even though I was just watching, I know it was hard."