Mood Swings

Sapnap's POV

I sighed, rubbing my eyes. It was mid-day yet it felt like it was 2 am in the morning. Now Techno had us waking up two hours earlier to go on walks around the kingdom. Me, George, and Karl, another guard who was slowly making his way up the levels, were one team, then another was Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo and the last one was Fundy, Quackity, and Sam. So many teams out searching for three people.

"These trails are so long! It's so bland and boring out here!" George complained. I rolled my eyes.

"You're colorblind, of course it's boring. Don't worry we only have to do this for the rest of the day."

"I appreciate your sarcasm, Sapnap." George groaned, looking back at me. His white rimmed glasses made it almost impossible to see his eyes but he was probably glaring at me.

"Come on guys, it isn't so bad! We don't have to stay in the castle at least!" Karl looked between me and George, his eyes shining. Karl wasn't nearly as young as like Tubbo and Tommy, but he was new to this. Everything we were doing was completely new and fun to him while it was boring and bland to me and George.

"Yeah, for you. This is getting so old and boring. Darryl could only do sign language and the mute couldn't even walk without falling down! A weak group, honestly." I folded my arms, huffing. "We could take them each, all three of them. The Skeppy guy has to be the most threatening and even then he had a torn up sword!"

"Sapnap, we can't underestimate them. Dream says to-"

"Oh shut up! Dream this, Dream that! You can't even get past one paragraph without talking about Dream! He is our friend, George, not someone we worship and bow down to!" I yelled at George. That stopped him in his tracks. He turned around swiftly, and I could see his eyes blazing, even with his glasses on.

"If we disobey in any turn, even if its simply saying no, it is not Dream we should fear. Yes, he is our friend, but he also is a king. That wouldn't be a problem if Technoblade wasn't sharing the throne with him." I looked down, knowing George was right. "You attacked a person one day for getting to close to Dream, now your disobeying him? Your mood swings are just... I don't even know what to call it!"

"It's not disobeying! I just think... well we remember the Phil situation." George winced and nodded. "Yeah, and that guy is still here! That was the most serious thing we have ever handled and Techno didn't even blink at it! Then suddenly two people run out of the castle and we are all on edge? Doesn't that seem a bit weird to either of you?"

"What do you mean he didn't blink?" Karl asked.

"Well, I mean, he didn't even attend the meeting we had about it. So he obviously wasn't worried." I said, shrugging. Karl made a face, looking at me oddly.

"He didn't attend the meetings because he couldn't bare to hear his name." Karl said. George and I looked at each other, confused looks on our faces. Karl seemed to notice. "I was one of his servants. The day that meeting happened, he told me to go attend. I think you guys aren't seeing the big picture, Techno did feel horrible about that accident."

"What? Yet he could still look at... him?" George asked.

"Apparently. I don't know if he just has pushed the whole thing out of his mind or something, but Techno was crushed. Maybe he just doesn't want another bad accident and that is why we are searching." Karl offered, a crooked smile forming.

"Wilbur is lucky, that's for sure. I thought he would've been exiled immediately. Anyways," George turned back to me. "none of that explains your mood swings at all." 

"What do you mean, mood swings? Everything you said earlier doesn't even make sense. Attacking someone? I never did that!" I glared at George. I hadn't ever attacked someone, what is he on about?

"You- you attacked someone like yesterday! A child came near Dream and you full on almost killed the girl!" George stammered.

"This is a joke, right?" I took a step back. George didn't seem to be kidding... but that's impossible! I would know if I attacked someone!

"No... Nick, are you feeling okay? It was seriously so recent..." George reached towards me. I looked at Karl, who looked both concerned and confused at the same time. I took another step back, shaking my head.

"I don't- I don't understand! I would know! I should know! I-" I put my hand on my forehead, a headache slamming me. I looked up a little, a blurry George reaching his hands out to me.

Then everything went black.

---------------------

George's POV

"Dream! Dream!" I yelled as I ran into his room. He jumped up from his chair, quickly spinning around. I could see him grab his mask and then he turned around after he put it on.

"Wha-" Dream cut short, looking past me. I glanced behind me, looking at Sapnap. Karl was carrying him since he had passed out. I don't know what's wrong with him... maybe we just overwhelmed him or something.

"What the hell happened to him? And come on, let's get to the nurse's corridor!" Dream lead the way, running down the hall. Not a king like thing to do, but he wasn't in royalty mode. He was being Clay, my best friend.

Karl and I raced down the hallways after Dream, trying to balance Sapnap while doing so. We finally arrived at the corridors and Dream had already gotten a group of nurses to come over. Karl handed Sapnap over and the nurses rushed him over to one of the beds. We all watched as they started checking him for any signs of injury or illness.

"Ok, ok, what the hell happened? Did you guys get attacked?" Dream whipped his head back to me and Karl. 

"I... I honestly don't know! He was being whiny then all this shit so I asked him why he even attacked that lady yesterday. Then he said he didn't... and I think he was serious! I kept asking questions then his eyes got all cloudy and he passed out! Karl caught him at least so he didn't hit the ground ever!" Dream's eyes kept widening as I kept talking. 

"That's... that isn't good. He hasn't been in any incidents recently... his memory has always been bad, but not that bad." Dream sighed, looking back over to Sapnap. I looked as well, worry filling my body. Dream didn't know what was wrong either which worried me even more. At least the nurses were there to help him now.

"Do you... think he will be ok?" Karl asked the unanswerable question. Dream looked at me and even with his mask on, I could see uncertainty. 

"I...

hope so."

------------------------------

(1169 Words)

Thanks for reading :D Next chapter will keep focusing on Dream and others!