The Example

TW: Violence, blood

George's POV

-------------------------

I woke awake with a jolt, almost hitting my head against the wall as I sat up. Something felt off. I couldn't place my finger on it, though. 

I tossed my sheets aside, pulling on some fresh clothes. It was 8:42 am, 18 minutes before our regular meeting. Me and Sapnap used to have to get there early to stand by Dream, but now we just showed up like Wilbur. At least I got a couple extra hours of sleep.

With clothes and armor on, I walked out of my room, almost slamming into Karl. "Woah! Sorry George!" Karl laughed awkwardly, taking a step back.

"It's ok, Karl. Why are you in such a rush?" Karl had just come down this hallway pretty fast. Running really wasn't permitted unless it was an emergency. 

"Actually to get you, Techno wants to start the meeting earlier today. Quackity told me." Karl waved me on. I followed him, trying not to question everything. Techno never started a meeting early. He hadn't in the past year that I had been here now.

When we got to the end of the hallway, Sapnap was standing there, waiting for us. "Sapnap!" He looked up, flashing a grin at me.

"Hey Gogy, decided I could wait for you and Karl today." I rolled my eyes, giving him a push. 

"Don't call me that." Karl snickered at us, walking ahead. Sapnap followed him, smiling back at me. I sighed. I didn't really mind the name too much, it just wasn't... the ideal name to be called.

We got to the throne room. No guards stood near the doors, so I went ahead and opened the door for Karl and Sapnap. They walked in and I followed. I almost felt like running in the other direction.

Every guard was here. No one was in their regular places. Tommy, Wilbur, Fundy, and Ranboo stood off to the side, next to the rest of the guards. As I glanced around, I noticed that Sam wasn't present. He probably just late, we don't start early anyways.

I followed Karl and Sapnap as they lined up on the other side of Tommy. I stood on the end, far from the king's thrones. Dream sat alone, his head in his hands like he was upset or stressed. Techno, Sam, and Quackity were all missing.

"Good," An ominous voice shocked everyone in the room. We all turned to see Techno appear from one of the corners. Was he just standing there? "we are all here. Quackity," As Techno called Quackity's name, the doors swung open.

Quackity walked in. A shiver rolled down my spine as I looked at his face. He looked insane, an evil grin with slim eyes. He didn't walk all the way in. In fact, it looked like he was dragging something behind him.

"Guards, knights, last night Quackity informed me of two guards talking about betraying us. They planned to kill me and Dream." I tried to keep a straight face. I tried to not shake as the words left Techno's tongue. "We did not catch both of the traitors."

"Instead," Quackity started. "we decided to just make a mere example of this traitor." Quackity tossed the thing he had been dragging forwards. I watched Sam fall to the ground.

He landed facing me. He slowly opened his eyes. I looked him over with wide eyes. There was dried blood all over his face and his clothes were all ripped. Sam seemed to look straight through me, as if I wasn't even there.

"You all swore loyalty to us." Everyone turned to Dream, who had stood up from his throne. He walked towards Sam and Quackity. "Sam is lucky to even be alive right now. Whoever is the other traitor, your fate will be so much more severe. But," Dream pulled out his sword, pointing it to Sam's throat. Sam seemed to notice and looked away. "if you step forwards now, Sam won't get hurt."

Sam finally looked up at me. Without his mask, I could see his brown eyes. Sam shook his head a bit. I understood what he was saying, but as I looked at him, I just felt horrible. If I had never pushed Sam to talk about it with me, he would be okay. 

"Step forwards. NOW." Techno roared at us. He pointed his sword at all of us, pointing it at each person for one second. When he got to me, it seemed time stopped. Like he could just feel it was me. 

Eventually the sword moved on. No one spoke up. You couldn't even hear anyone breathing.

"Fine. Quackity," Techno handed Quackity a sword. "hurt him."

Sam let out a blood curdling cry as the sword was stabbed into his lower thigh. Everyone took a step back, trying to get away from the noise. I looked to my right. Karl and Sapnap looked petrified, Tommy wasn't even looking, and everyone else seemed shocked. We were watching a trusted guard be maimed by another guard.

Quackity tore the sword out, blood on his hands. The insane look in his eyes had only grown, a sly smile on his face. It was one of the scariest faces I had ever seen.

Sam banged his hand on the ground when Quackity thrust the sword into Sam's other thigh. I watched the tears fall from his eyes, creating a separate colored puddle on the ground. When Sam looked at me again, that was it. It was the final straw for me.

"IT WAS ME! STOP!" I jumped forwards. Quackity stopped, leaving the sword in Sam's thigh. I looked at him. He was just smiling, like he was proud of his work. 

I glanced back, noticing the disbelief in both Karl's and Sapnap's eyes. I turned around, not wanting to see them. Techno had the same look as Quackity, a smug smile.

Then I looked at Dream. I could see his mouth was open, even with his mask. I looked down at the ground, embarrassed and ashamed. Not because I planned to go against Techno, because I let Sam suffer before coming out.

"Kill them both." Techno commanded. Everyone gasped, even Dream. Dream shook his head, stepping forward.

"You can't! You promised that they would get a prison sentence for life! You told me yesterday!" Dream got extremely close to Techno. Techno glared down at Dream, but then he looked out to us. It looked like he was trying to weigh his options.

"Fine. Have Ant fix Sam up, then bring him to the prison. I'll bring George myself." Techno walked forward with a huge stride. He grabbed my arm tightly, to the point that I thought my bone would just snap. "I hope everyone sees what happens to traitors. Next ones will be killed." Then Techno dragged me off.

He didn't say a word as we walked down the staircase to the basement. But as we got closer and closer to the cells, he started to laugh. "It's so funny, you know that?" I looked at Techno, trying to decide whether that was a rhetorical question or not.

"I needed to get rid of you and Sapnap, you just made it so much easier for me!" Techno stopped in front of one of the cells, grabbing the keys. 

"What are you going to do to Dream?" I hissed at him. I was already a traitor, I didn't need to respect this ass.

"Oh, you don't need to worry," He unlocked the cell, throwing me in. I held in my yelp as I hit the ground and rolled. I looked up at Techno, who was locking the cell. "Dream will be just fine."

---------------------------------------

(1277 Words)

Well, at least Sam and George are alive! Chapters will be longer, I just didn't want this part of Dream's arc to be with another arc! Also, thank you guys so much for the support recently. We are almost at 6K reads, that's insane! Thanks for reading!