Night Talks

Skeppy's POV

I sighed, looking up at the stars. All of them twinkled, lighting the night sky up. We had agreed to stay the night at Harvey's house so that we could get an early start. Finding Finn and Vurb might take all day. I hadn't seen them in years, who knows how much has changed since then.

I looked inside, smiling softly at Darryl and Mega. They were both sitting on Harvey's couch, looking through some of the books. I think it was more of Darryl reading the book, but either way, it was nice to see. I had wondered what glorious lives the castle's staff lived, but that was obviously way off. They never had a chance to relax, and seeing them relaxing after only escaping the castle a day ago was... incredible.

Quite funny how much had happened since I came back here. I found two new teammates and reconnected with Harvey. I mean, it felt like an eternity since me, Darryl, and Mega were walking down my street in the dark.

"Hey, Zak." I heard Harvey's voice behind me. I smiled, looking over at him. He had his hands in his pockets and his back was hunched. He must've been scared to come to talk to me, not that I don't understand or anything.

"Hey, Harvey. What's up?" I patted the seat next to me. Harvey sat down and rubbed his hands together, taking a moment to look up at the stars.

"I just wanted to apologize about earlier. I shouldn't have brought that up." Harvey eventually said. Our eyes connected together for a split second. I had always loved how similar our eye color was, a dark, chocolate brown color. Not only did I love it, I really missed it. Just like I missed Harvey, and all the other guys as well. The past should be behind us, not back to haunt us forever.

"No, it's okay. Wasn't your fault. Sorry for scaring you by running off and everything. I guess I got a little... shocked by the sudden bring up." I laughed a little, running my hand through my hair awkwardly. "So, what have you been up to? It's been a good two and a half years since I last saw you."

Harvey laughed, shaking his head a little. "Well, after you left and everyone else moved to other parts of the kingdom, I just kind of found work. I mean, without anyone to train with, my hopes of becoming a professional swordsman kind of just died. Now I guess you could actually beat me in a sword fight, since I'm so old and rusty." I mock-gasped, giving him a shove.

"I could beat you any day! I beat you like... three times when we were younger! Best three swords fights of my life!" Harvey laughed at me. I shoved him again and he grinned before shoving me back. We laughed, the sound of our laughter filling the night. Harvey's street was pretty empty, making it almost lifeless. 

"Well, guess we are going to have some actual fights in our future." Harvey said after a moment of silence. I nodded, glancing behind me to Darryl and Mega. Darryl was still reading the book that was between them, but Mega seemed to almost be falling asleep.

"Guess so. Hopefully we can find Finn and Vurb before any of them happen. I wish we knew exactly where George and Jacob are, but maybe they know." I turned back to Harvey, a shaky smile on my face. He returned the smile.

"It'll be okay, you even picked up some new people. I haven't really gotten to know Mega too well, but Darryl seems nice. Bad is a nice nickname." Harvey shifted in his seat, folding his arms closer to his chest.

"Yeah, I like both of them. Darryl and I aren't getting along too well, but Mega seems really nice. They both just had bad starts. Now they have the chance to fix this screwed up place." We both looked back at them. Darryl was putting the book away now, but he had propped Mega up against a pillow, letting him sleep. Darryl had a kind heart, but maybe we weren't meant to get along. From what I've noticed, we were polar opposites.

"Well, I know we can do this." Harvey placed his hand on my arm. I turned back to him, our eyes connecting. I smiled, nodding. "Now, come on. We need energy to find Vurb and Finn tomorrow."

-------------------------

Tommy's POV

I sat on my bed, staring out my window. The town below was more lit and active than it was during the day. People must come out at night now. Back when I was younger, people were still out and about on the streets.

Then again, that was way before Dream and Techno became kings together. That was also before the highest ranking guard gave his job to Wilbur. I don't remember the guard's name, it was quite a while ago.

"Hey, Tubbo?" I asked Tubbo, who was playing with his wooden ball thing. I honestly don't know what it is, but he likes it. Tubbo looked over, directing his attention to me. "Do you remember the head guard's name? The one before Wilbur?"

"No, I don't. Wilbur would know! We should ask him!" Tubbo set his toy down and got up, making a beeline for the door. By the time I could react, he was already out the door, heading towards Wilbur's room. I jumped up, following after him.

Wilbur hadn't ever talked about the past head guard. One day he was here, the next he wasn't. I mean, I should remember since it was like a year and a half ago, but I wasn't on patrol then. I never started actual guard work till Wilbur took over.

Tubbo was already at Wilbur's door by the time I arrived. I knocked for him and we waited patiently. I heard some shuffling inside until the door finally opened. Wilbur stared at us, confusion in his eyes.

"Wilbur, buddy," I said, tryring to act cheerful. Now Wilbur's eyes turned to slits, looking between me and Tubbo.

"What do you want?" He asked. 

"Oh, nothing," I shrugged, trying to play it off like the question was nothing.

Tubbo had other plans.

"Who was the head guard before you? What was his name? What happened to him?" Tubbo blurted out the questions. My head snapped, now my eyes focused on him. I shook my head slowly then turned back to Wilbur.

He stared at Tubbo, eyes wide. He seemed to be thinking. About what, though? Had he also forgotten the head guard's name? Surely not, he served for him!

"I..." Wilbur started. His eyes averted to the ground. "Go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow morning." Wilbur stepped back and slammed his door. Tubbo and I glanced at each other, questions filling our minds. I shrugged and gestured for Tubbo to follow me.

"Why is he not telling us?" Tubbo asked as we walked down the hallway.

"I don't know... I think the better question is," I paused, glancing back at Wilbur's door.

"what is he hiding."

-------------------------

(1190 Words)

mYsTeRy. Thanks for reading :D