09. 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘚

CHANGES─────✧❅✦❅✧─────

CHANGES
─────✧❅✦❅✧─────

Something definitely changed between you and Todoroki.

The once comfortable silence between the two of you now feels suffocating. Both of you still talk like normal as if what happened in the bathroom didn't exist, but at least one of you will leave if the two of you are left alone.

When he told you he couldn't say what him and Yaoyorozu was talking about, you had made no attempt to pry further. You didn't ask the reason why he couldn't tell you either.

After that deafening silence, Todoroki leaves you with another apology before leaving you alone.

A day after your discharge, you're surprised to see Endeavor. You rarely see him around, he barely talks to his children other than Fuyumi, and somehow you have gotten the gist that there's a feud between the family members.

You've heard from Fuyumi that their mother is sick in the hospital so she couldn't come home. Natsuo who's in college comes home twice a month, opting to stay at the dorms instead. Shotō whom you stayed with most of the time, has this unmistakable hatred in his eyes whenever he sees Enji Todoroki.

The patriarch of the house would greet his youngest son, but was always left with no response nor a spare glance. He would greet you last with a strained smile, trying to cover up the rebellious attitude of his son to his future daughter-in-law. You couldn't help but feel pity for the older man.

"You let yourself get injured by a villain? You're lucky that you haven't been killed off," Enji Todoroki said once he sees your broken arm. He crosses his arms as he looks down on you. "You haven't been training enough."

"Spare her your lectures, father," Todoroki comes to shield you away from him. If you were some helpless maiden you could've feel flattered, but you didn't need his saving.