chapter 8

After dinner ended Y/n made her way back to Hufflepuff common room to accompany her brother during the full moon.

Regulus didn't know and she planned on keeping it that way.

"Look if your not telling me what your getting ready for at least let me hang out with you till you have to go?" He asked.

"Funny, but no. If it weren't important, I'd tell you. Now can you go to bed?" She asked him nicely.

"Fine see if I care." He scoffed.

"Regulus you do care which is the whole reason your in my dorm right now." She folded her arms.

"Well aren't you sugar spice and everything nice?" He said sarcastically sitting on he bed.

''well your, sarcastic and nosey and... And um- yeah!" Y/n said, regulus raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Y/n if you can look me in the eye and tell me a word that rhymes with sarcastic, I'll leave you alone.'' He smirked.

"Elastic!" She said proudly.

"So I'm elastic?" He said with a smirk and raised eyebrow.

"...yes?"

"Well, I'm a man of word, I'll leave you be, but try come back in one piece tomorrow, I don't wanna lose my Hufflepuff." He said stretching as he stood.

"Hey, for your information I'm not your Hufflepuff, nor am I anyone elses, I'm Y/n." She said.

"Y/n, don't lie to yourself. Your my Hufflepuff I'm your Slytherin, it's how it is." He chuckled, he walked over to the door and leaned against the doorway until Y/n opened the door.

"Just so you know, Black. I wear the pants in this friendship, don't mix it up." She says seriously.

"Please, after last year how could I forget?" She couldn't tell if he was joking or worried, she gave a small smile and he left.

Flashbaaaaack

Y/n walked the halls, her nose in a book, she loved being with regulus but he sometimes needed his own space which she respected.

She went to the courtyard only to find Slytherins two years older than herself taking Regulus' books and throwing them everywhere.

"Oi! What are no brained twits doing?" She yelled at the boys, they all laughed as she made her way to them, regulus slung his bag over his shoulder as Y/n passed him his books.

"Listen little miss, it's none of your business, why don't you run back to the kitchen and whip us up some cookies? That's all you weak Hufflepuff are good for." The tallest one snickered followed by his friends, regulus took a step back. She grabbed him by his collar.

"Listen here, alot of you Slytherins and Gryffindors tend to forget that alot of us Hufflepuff break your little stereo type, got it? And if either one of you put another foot near my friend, I'm going to make your last year a living hell here and no one will believe you when you run crying saying a little badger could break your fragile fuck boy ego. Because no one would suspect a Hufflepuff to do such a bad thing." The boy gulped and his friends gave him a look.

"Still waiting on them cookies~" he said in a somewhat singsong voice, he wanted to impress his friends, he did but regulus had silently handed Y/n a very large heavy book behind her.

"Really? Well good thing there almost done then!" She said in a fake happy voice, he gave a worried look as she held the book firmly in her hands and swung it so it hit him right in the face causing him to stumble to the ground.