Chapter 5

*I brought the explorers into the story but I can't remember whether or not Mickey and his friends have met the cup bros, so if they have pretend they haven't for a bit. . .*

At some point into our picnic a small group of familiar faces had wandered into the park. Among them were a small cat-like demon, a wolf my brother was all too fond of, two figures with cups for heads, an adventurous cat that reminded me too much of my wife, and a woman who was sitting in a cooler, oddly enough. "Figaro!" Minnie exclaimed as her missing companion leaped off the taller cups shoulder. "Oh, thank you for finding him." She smiled at the group.

"It was no problem, we just happened to stumble upon him on our journey!" Felix put his hands on his hips. He was soon overwhelmed by a wave of small rabbits. It might've been a mistake to bring them all to the picnic, I laughed to myself.

"I told you the cat belonged to someone." I heard the smaller cup whisper from underneath the giant blue scarf he was wearing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm still gonna call it jack pot though and you can't stop me." The taller cup replied as he crossed his arms and huffed. Had they not known Figaro had an owner even though his collar said otherwise? Looking over to the rest of the small group I saw that Mickey was already deep in conversation with Boris and Bendy. It seemed as if the short demon had begun to let up around my brother. Mickey had done the same as he was engaging with both the brothers instead of just the younger.

"Papa, Papa!" Two of my kids came and grabbed hold of my arm, "Come say hi to Mr. Felix!" One of them excitedly shouted. I sighed, did I really want to talk to the Ortensia look alike again? Last time I was so rude to him. I'm amazed he was so kind to me after the way I acted.

"Okay, I'm coming," I pushed myself off of the spot on Daisy's picnic blanket that I had been settled onto for some time now. I then hoisted the two rabbits into my arms, "And you two get V.I.P seats." They both cheered and started comparing as to which side was better.

"Oh, Hello Mr. Oswald. It's great to see you again!" Felix smiled and took off his hat. It was immediately snatched by my kids who started tossing it around.

"It's good to see you too, Felix." I slightly smiled as I greeting my acquaintance. I sighed as a memory of my wife flashed before my eyes. I was caught off guard, however, when the cat in front of me's face turned a bright pink.

"It seems you're sick again, you're very red." Felix jumped and quickly shielded his face.

"Oh no, I'm f-fine, n-no need to worry about me. Hehe." The rest of our conversation seemed to carry out fairly quickly, but there was one question on my mind.

"If you don't mind e asking but," I turned to the left and gestured towards the woman in the cooler. She was talking to the smaller of the two cups, "Who is that?"

"Oh, that's Cala Maria. Me, and the group found her while on our adventure up the mountain." My eye caught on a few black stains on Felix's shirt as I turned back to look at him.

"I see it didn't go that well for him, though, huh. . ." I recalled the first time I had met the demon and wolf duo. I felt so horrible for Bendy, a kid like him doesn't deserve to be tortured by this retched disease. Felix looked confused but he had seemed to figure it out as he look towards Bendy and back at me.

"Oh, well there was a few mishaps but overall he's okay! Thank you for your concern though." I nodded my head. 

**********

After at least half an hour, Felix had introduced me to Cuphead, Mugman, and Cala Maria. Everything seemed to be going great, until my ears perked up from their normal hunched over position. A sound was light on the air, I couldn't quite get a hold on it, though. What was this noise?

Coughing. . . 

It was the sound of coughing. . .

I swiftly turned my head to the side, and my fears were now reality. . .

Why here? Why now!? My legs picked up speed as I pushed myself towards the dreadful sound.