Chapter 2

I eyed my brother as I walked just behind him. How could I have let this happen? Again, someone I care about the most in this world had that horrid illness. The one illness that so far, had no found cure. The only thing that could possibly get rid of the ink illness was just a myth anyways. Even if they had found the alleged "ink machine" in the casino, who's to say it would actually work if fixed.

"Ozzy?" Mickey asked, turning to look at me. I hadn't realized that I'd stopped walking until now.

"Are you okay," You could see by his expression that he was obviously as bothered by this as I was.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said making eye contact with him. How long could I lie to him for? How long before saying that I was alright wasn't believable anymore.

"Well, uh, let's just tell the others." It was clear he was dreading telling everyone about this. If he lied about it, it could only end up hurting everyone in the end.

As we approached Donald, Goofy, Minnie and Dasiy, an unsettling feeling layed itself over the crowd of our friends. I let out a small laugh though, Donald was nearly buried in the pile that was my children.

"Oh, shut up." Donald hissed at me, "And why the hell do you two looked so depressed?"

I looked at my little brother. The tears from earlier hadn't left my eyes and I feared they might stream down my face again if I tried to explain to them what had happened. I think Mickey recognized this as he begun to explain it himself.

"This isn't easy for me to say but," He looked down at his feet. He hesitated for a moment before continuing, "I . . . I have the Ink Illness . . ."

This came as a shock for the others, I could tell by the gasp that was shared between them.

"Oh, Mickey!" Minnie exclaimed, already breaking down with tears as she wrapped her arms around my brother. Dasiy had her gand covering her mouth, trying to sheild herself from crying. Goofy looked extremely worried.

"But,what about the circus," Goofy blurted out as he began to spiral, "Does this mean we can't see you anymore? Are you gonna die!?" Everyone looked at Goofy as he started to hyperventilate.

Mickey quickly went over and grabbed him by the shoulders, "I'm not going anywhere Goofy. The circus can still happen but we just have to have less shows, is all." Goofy calmed down a bit at that, but not much.

As the situation calmed down, Donald suddenly brought something to our attention.

"This is sad n' all, but can someone help me?" Donald asked, just being able to reach his hand out of the swarm of small rabbits that still lay ontop of him, "I'm startin' to suffocate over here."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I apologize after calling my children over to me. "I asked them to go to you, but I didn't realise they'd pile on you." I cautiously rub the back of my head.