Chapter 12: Rough Night

A few hours have passed, it's almost time for the banquet. Everything went smoothly.. well, on Arthur's end, that is. It was a party for Galaerian's success and for the heroes who saved the kingdom once again. Naturally, it's a big party. Many nobles are to attend; the town square also has a little festival for the townsfolk. Everything was perfect in Arthur's eyes. Arthur was walking by the hall with Kai and Eden, following his tail all dressed up nicely.

"Daddy, what do you think mommy looks like?"

She chimes, Arthur would chuckle.

"As always. She's going to be beautiful like you."

Eden giggles. Kai, who was next to would hold her hand as they stopped by Vira's room. Arthur waited nervously. It was as if this is his first ball or something.

"Daddy? Are you okay?"

Eden asks with curiosity, followed by Kai.

"Master, your hand is shaking."

"Oh. erhm.. maybe a little? I missed her.. it makes me nervous. Especially, Mommy doesn't like parties like this."

Kai and Eden would look at each other confused.

"Why wouldn't mommy like parties? Parties are fun!"

"Uh.. well, mommy will tell you some other time, okay?"

Arthur cleared his throat, working up the courage to knock on her door and announce he was there for her.

"Vira? My flower? Were here to escort you."

Muffled speaking echoed outside of the door, and Vira looked up at one of the maids.

"You are set, Miss Vira. What do you think? I know you prefer dark colors, so I chose a nice red dress for you. Prince Arthur is waiting."

"Don't... talk like that.  Not around me, please. It just makes me feel like I'm supposed to be a princess."

"Well.. technically..."

"Shush."

Vira got up and walked over to the door, biting her lip before opening it to see Arthur there with the kids. Vira smiled, seeing Eden and Kai all dressed up and such.

"My, darling. You look rather handsome."

Arthur was in awe, his face red along with his heart beating fast. This is like seeing her for the first time again, meaning the first time they met. It was not very pleasant on her end, but that would be a story for another time. Vira locked arms with Arthur since it was something formal to do. She reached down, holding hands with Eden since Vira wanted everyone to stay together. As they walked the halls, Vira was nervous since she hated the attention. Maids opened the doors for them, and soon all eyes were on them. Vira then whispered just for Arthur to hear.

"I really.. did not miss this..."

"It's only for today, my flower. Father insisted."

He spoke as they stride through the hall. Aide and Yumiko were already waiting with the king. Yumiko smiled, and she was holding hands with Aide, who was new. The King Herion stood, raised his hands that had taken everyone's attention.