1- Who Am I?

EDITED🖊

The sudden light made me wince. Nothing like a nice bright sun to start your day. As my surroundings slowly blurred into focus, the rest of my senses woke up- sadly including my sense of smell.

Usually, I wouldn't have minded it. Maybe waking up to the smell of linen sheets or chocolate cookies. But instead, the foul, rancid smell of trash hit me. If something could wake me up, it was that.

I rolled off the pile of trash bags I was lying on and narrowly missed hitting my head against the metal dumpster. Scanning my surroundings, my head burst with pain.

Where was I? How did I get there? Why was I there? I had questions but wasn't getting answers from the little voice in my head. But more importantly, who was I?

It was supposed to be normal to know who you were, right? In the midst of my identity crisis, another shock of pain went through my head, and a single word appeared. Y/N. My name.

I tested the name on my tongue, and another memory floated into my head.

I was supposed to be doing something. Something I seemed to need to obey. Finding something -someone. Or many someones, at that. A group of people. More pain, and another word. Heroics. The kids of the Heroics.

I got up from the trash pile and walked a few steps. Blood rushed to my head from the sudden movement, and with the blood, more information came.

The Heroics were superheroes that, well, saved people with their special abilities- superpowers. Things that made them a little more special and different from your average person.

But let's not get too focused on them. What about me? Was I special and different? I walked forward some more and steadied myself against the wall- but almost immediately removed my hand from the grime and moss in between the bricks.

That proved to be a mistake, because the floor rushed to me. I held out my arms, bracing for a fall that never came. I opened my eyes, and looked at the few inches between me and the ground. My hands were stuck out, my toes the only thing touching the floor.

I was floating. So I did have superpowers, then. I had telekinesis. I steadied myself into a standing position and stared in shock at my hands.

But before I could ponder anything else, another sharp pain drew my thoughts away. But it was different this time. Words, thoughts from everywhere were hitting my skull from every direction, pounding until they came in. On instict, I squeezed my eyes shut, and the voices stopped. It was silent.

"So," I muttered, rubbing my temples. "Telepathy too, huh? Anything else you wanna surprise me with?" I said to myself.

Silence, obviously.

I propped myself on a box near me and waited for something to happen. I wasn't gonna let the random thought telling me to find someone control my actions.

My patience lasted about 30 seconds.

I slumped and got up to my feet. To the Heroics it was!

But before I could do anything, I steeled my nerves and tried to recall anything. Anything, but to no avail. Did someone erase my memory? I didn't know.

I didn't know anything except for the limited info my head gave me. That was the problem. I don't know anything. Someone left me in a disgusting dumpster, with instrctions and annoying pains in my head.

I can't do anything but follow the instructions, so I there go. Wiping off the grime from the trash, out the alleyway, down the road with people swarming here and there. That is, until I realize that I have no idea where I'm going.