19- Maybe... Later

✏️EDITED🖊

Wild Card POV:

The security guards rounded us up and brought us back to the bunker, as soon as Mr Moreno disappeared with the intruders. As usual, the door locked behind us. 

The girls immediately clumped into a group on the beanbags. The boys scattered around on the climbing wall. Ever since Y/N had shown up, the worktables had been pretty much empty and out-of-use, covered in dust.

Which was intresting, because now that Slo-Mo was fast, he ran through here every morning and kicked up a lot of dust.)

I walked towards my own desk, sitting down, staring blankly at the door. I remembered only a few weeks -really only two- ago when Y/N walked in with her telekinesis. I hadn't really thought much of her. But now... her Y/H/C hair and Y/E/C eyes were a huge part of my life. Super cheesy, but true.

So many things could have been happening to her right now. And I couldn't do anything about it.

I was snapped out of my daze as the hatch creaked open. Y/N's Y/H/C hair was messy and tangled, her eyes bloodshot unlike their usual bright Y/E/C. She collapsed on a beanbag, shaking sobs and whimpers escaping from her mouth. I hopped off my seat and dashed towards the girls. "What happened?" A Cappella asked as I shoved my way next to Y/N.

I crouched down to her eye level, grabbing her hand. A horrible choice- really awkward. But the tension seemed to fade as she murmured. "I gave back my powers." Then came the tears. Y/N told us the whole story. Her parents, her powers, the captured Heroics. Everything.

When everything had poured out, all that Y/N seemed to be able to do is create soft, squeaky hiccup-y sounds.

"All right, I think it's been a long, tough day. Get some sleep?" A Cappella suggested, trying to pry our hands apart.

When Y/N refused, A Cappella whispered something in her ear, making her gently let go of my hand. I was too polite to have used enhanced hearing to spy on the words. I watched as Y/N, Guppy, and A Cappella walked towards their desk. "So... I guess I'm not supposed to make a joke about this, huh?" Rewind muttered.

None of us responded for a long time. "I hope Y/C/N feels better soon." Fast Forward said.

"Yeah," Missy agreed. "They'll let her stay a Heroic, right? I mean, none of this is really her fault. It was done against her will."

"She'll be fine. Right?" Slo-Mo asked nervously.

"Yeah," Wheels said. "Yeah. She has to be. She's part of our team now."

---

I'd done nothing but pace back and forth in my own room. Noodles was watching me from his bed, unconsciously stretching out his fingers even though the nurse told him not to for twenty-four hours.

"Dude," He said. "If you keep doing that, you're going to wear a groove deeper than you did last time." Noodles points to the wear next to my bed, followed by the slight dip in the floor where I was currently standing.

I bit my lip. "You're right. Do you think I should go check on them?"

Noodles shrugged. "Your call."

I flopped down on my bed, legs dangling over the edge as I stared up at the ceiling. "How long has it been?" I asked.

"Eh, a few hours."

"Hours?"

"Nah. Just wondering how gullible you are when you're frantic like you lost your pet puppy or something." He laughed. "It's just been about, I dunno, 10, 20, minutes?"