9- Excuse Me!?

✏️EDITED🖊

After my 'traumatic' day, (As said by Morpher) everyone insisted that I stay on bed rest for at least the night. Though it wasn't all bad: A Cappella managed to get me extra dessert- and who doesn't love an extra large smoothie?

I was stuck in bed for a while with absolutely nothing to do but stare at the same four walls. Seriously, this was how modern-day heroes train their kids: when you were suffering from just the slightest headache, seek out medical help.

I loved my life.

Losing track of time was easy, not knowing how fast or slow it was going. But I was so bored that I resorted to tying and untying knots with my telekinesis with the little strand of yarn on the bedsheet while braiding my hair, floating upside down. Don't ask. Everyone did weird stuff like that, and my life choices were very questionable.

That was why I actually ended up injured by face-planting onto the bed when someone slammed the door open. Not a serious bump, but my elbow hit the metal bed frame and I felt like cursing the world for my cruel fate.

Wild Card stormed in, followed by A Cappella, Noodles, Rewind, Fast-Forward, and Guppy. "What's with the Frown Town?" I asked, rubbing my elbow and flopping myself straight.

Noodles gave me a look that seemed to say, not the time.

And of course, the temptation was too much to resist (I was still incredibly bored and I needed something to do). I so kindly decide to do the opposite, if not curiosity would have killed me and given everyone an actual reason to put me on bed rest. 

"Come on, you've got to tell me sooner or later. Or, I could just get the info in need out of your own head."

Wild Card flopped backwards onto the cot next to me, crossing his arms and glaring at no one in particular. "You have five seconds," I warned, looking him up and down. "Five, four, three, two-"

"Fine!" He burst out, tearing a hand through his hair in that cute way (if that was possible), before falling face-first into the pillow. "Somebody else tell her," He mumbled, voice muffled

I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. I just called someone cute seconds after threatening him. Figures.

"Um..." A Cappella started, trailing off and glancing hopefully at the others to back her up. When she was greeted with silence, she sighed. "Uh, okay, I'll say it on three. One... two... three... ugh, this is hard!"

I rolled my eyes and drummed my fingers impatiently on the mattress. "Come on, it can't be that bad, can it?"

"You have no idea," Fast Forward muttered.

"Okay," Rewind said. He sucked in a deep breath. "Okay," Deep breath. "Getting to it."

"Guppy?" I asked. It was a last resort turning to the little kid of the group. But desperate times called for desperate measures- and it was also the perfect trick to make the people talk.

"Wild Card broke up with Missy," A Cappella blurted.

See? What had I said? Wait-

"Wild Card broke up with Missy?" I repeated, my brain trying to process the information overload even though it was just a single sentence.

"That's what she just said, genius," Wild Card snapped, turning to me from his pillow cocoon.

"Yeesh, chill," I defended.

"Chill? You think I can chill?"

Rewind grabbed his hand when the boy stood up from the cot. "Y/C/N's right, Wild Card. Don't say something you'll regret."

"You think I'll regret something?" He asked darkly.

"You will."

"Well your wrong," He turned to me and glared. "I'm going through the hardest time of my life right now, and all you can think of is your stupid, *Bleep*, *Bleep* self!" 

And that was just the beginning. I none of us even remember to cover Guppy's innocent ears.

So much hate and anger was targeted at me for no reason. Best left to imagination.

"I never want to see you again!" He finished, rushing out the door and slamming it hard behind him.

My mouth just stayed there, hanging open. A Cappella looked at me sadly, taking my hand and scooping me up. I took in a deep breath to stay calm. But the tears came, pouring down like my body was literally trying to make me cry a river and build myself a bridge to get over it. "I'll just go..." Rewind and Noodles muttered at the same time, excusing themselves.

"He didn't mean all that," Fast Forward said gently, approaching my bed of despair.

"But he said he wouldn't regret anything!" I chocked out. I didn't know why I was so affected by the words. When he was ranting, a string of memories had jolted out, full of pain, heartbreak and guilt. They had added onto the guilt trip, probably.

"He will. We'll make sure of it," A Cappella assured, rubbing my arm.

My eyes felt puffed up. "Thanks," I muttered weakly.

How could Wild Card have said those awful thing to me, especially after I wasn't my fault? I knew he didn't mean it.

Did he?

Word Count: 904

Note: I am so sorry for not posting all week! The Internet at my house was down, so I couldn't edit my story. Hoped you guys liked this chappie!

-Mallowmelt- :P

Future me: Okay, in case anyone was wondering, while writing this two of my friends were going through a breakup and one of them was really snappy, so I kinda dramatised it and drew inspiration... yeah. They're both fine and made up, just to let you know.