2- Heroic Kids

✏️EDITED🖊

The door swung open. I saw...

The group of kids. Running around. Throwing things. Laughing like crazy. No one really acts their age these days anymore, huh?

 None of them noticed me for a few moments, then, a blonde guy in a wheelchair noticed me standing at the doorway. He pointed at me and yelled, drawing all the attention to me. "Who are you?"

I exhale and step into the doorway, the metal almost immediately clanging shut behind me. I gulped and my eyes darted left and right, scanning over the kids, who had automatically lined up and were eying me threateningly. "I'm Y/N," I said, slightly nervous.

"Last name?" Asked a blonde girl, her voice melodic, like she would break into a song at any given second.

"I don't know," I said honestly.

"Strange," Said a boy with curly brown hair. "And how exactly did you get in?"

"Telekinesis," I answered, stepping forward a little. "I... opened the hatch with telekinesis." I didn't know why I sounded so unsure of myself- it was the truth.

"I should have thought to do that," A boy with hazel eyes and brown hair commented. "We wouldn't be stuck in here almost 24/7."

"So you have superpowers?" Interrupted a girl with brown hair in two frizzy buns.

I nodded. The girl in the centre with wavy brown hair and eyes spoke up. "Why havn't we met you before? Anyone detected is taken here. Like us."

"I don't know," I repeated. "Like, just 10 minutes ago, I woke up in the middle of the city, in a dumpster with absolutely... no memory."

The boy with brown hair and hazel eyes frowned. "So you don't remember anything, but you still knew to get here." It was a statement and a question at the same time.

"I guess..." I said slowly, trying to remember what happened so recently. I mean, I'm a forgetful person, and I know for a fact that some people are a lot worse, forgetting what they needed once they walk into a room. "That was really the only thing I could remember."

The girl in centre talked again. "Wild Card, Guppy, search her."

The boy and a little blonde girl -maybe only 6 or 7- stepped out of the line. The girl squinted her eyes and bared her teeth at me. Not gonna lie, she actually looked scary. Yeah, you can laugh. I was intimidated by a 6 year old. Meanwhile, the boys eyes glowed blue. X-ray vision? "All clear," he says. "No weapons."

I looked at them sceptically. "Why would I have weapons? And why did your eyes glow blue?"

"Being the children of the heroics isn't easy, you know," Said a boy in a red shirt. "We gotta be careful. We're just trained that way."

"You all have superpowers?" I asked.

They nodded, all except for the girl in the centre. "Any chance you guys know anyone who can give memories back?"

"Wheels, was she lying?" The girl asked, turning to the boy in the wheelchair.

The boy showed them his tablet. "Complete truth. I've been analysing her heart rate since she stepped in."

"Talk about a complete invasion of privacy," I sniffled under my breath as the girl in the centre stepped forward.

"I heard that," the brunette guy snorted. "Super hearing."

"Well then," said the girl. "I'm Missy. That's Guppy" She pointed to the little blonde girl.

"Yup," Her voice was squeaky and cute, unlike earlier, when she was growling at me. "My superpower is that I control water."

The boy in the wheelchair rolled up. "I'm Wheels. My brain and muscles are supercharged, which is why I'm in a wheelchair. My bones can't even support them."

"And I'm Noodles," Introduced the boy with frizzy hair. He pulled his index finger until it was about the length of his arm. "Super. Strechy." Noodles let go of his finger and let it fall back to its original length.

"A Cappella," A voice behind me sung. I turned and saw the blonde girl. 

"Her voice can go so low that it moves objects, or so high that it could go beyond human hearing," Wheels explained. He pointed to the girl and boy in blue and red shirts. "That's Fast-Forward and Rewind. They're twins, but have opposite powers. They secretly care for each other, but pretend to hate each other. I mean, all siblings seem to do that."

For side effect, the twins glared at each other and A Cappella quickly cut in. "Over there's Slo-Mo. He's actually going really fast, but he got stuck in a time warp because of some freak accident."

Slo-Mo waved. Really slowly. "Hey, what about me?" Someone asked. A different boy with brown hair -he was younger- was standing next to us, looking 'offended'.

"This is Face Maker," Wheels introduced. Face Maker ran his hands over his face, turning it into mine: E/C, H/C, everything. He switched back to his normal face. 

"And you know that I'm Missy," Missy said again.

"Powerless, but the best, really," someone said behind me. I turned around and saw the boy with hazel eyes. "I'm Wild Card."

He held out his hand for a shake. I shook it, and skin tingled, letting out a warm rush through my body.  He let go and the tingles faded. Lovely. I was crushing. Already. I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my voice.

That was when I noticed that Wild Card stood beside Missy in a way that seemed a little... protective? Missy saw my line of sight and chuckled.

She whispered something to Wild Card. He turned to me. "Yup, you're right. Around here, I'm also know as Missy's boyfriend."

Word Count: 992

Note: The ages will be brought up a bit in this book.

Note 2: So. Another cliffhanger chappie. Will be more of those later on, but don't hate me for it! Leave comments on how I can improve!!! 😋

-Mallowmelt :)