15- Back To Base

✏️EDITED🖊

(Important! This chapter will have the superheroes from shows like Henry Danger and the Thundermans. You do not have to know these shows. In this book, they are all well known Heroics that were captured by this mystery organisation that Y/N formerly served.)

 #Disclaimer#: I do not own any of the characters except Hack Attack and Ghost.

(For The Thundermans fans, I'll be leaving out Chloe in this fanfic.)

??? POV:

"We need to go back," I whispered. The sun was just beginning to dip on the horizon, painting the sky with gold, pink and purple. Looking at the Heroics base beside us, it felt like coming home. We, the escapees from the villain base had finally made it back. 

During the fight and explosion, we had seen the girl who had captured us, tortured us even, but she was different, now. Fighting against our captors instead of with them. If she was on our side or not, it had given us the chance to escape.

"How?" My brother asked, his footsteps pulling me out of my thoughts. "We're powerless. They took everything from us. Don't even get me started on Billy and Nora." I placed a hand on his white-knuckled grip, but my own heart yearned for my younger siblings. For once in my life, I wanted Billy to run circles around me at the speed of sound, or for Nora to burn my feet with her laser eyes.

"Yo Thunder Twins!" Henry yelled. The blonde boy waved us over to the other side of the roof. "I think I can scout us a route in."

"And the security system?" Max asked. "We all know it's nearly impossible to get into the system."

"Exactly. Nearly impossible. And lucky for us, we have the best hacker with us. Hack Attack's got it."

We all turned to the man himself, cross-legged in a corner, dark brown hair blowing in the wind, green eyes moving rapidly to keep up with what was on his laptop screen. Without looking up from the device propped on his knees, he said, "I can disable the security system for a while, but not without setting off the intruder alert."

"A risk we have to take," a disembodied voice said. Right on cue, the woman with amber hair so much like the current sky appeared, grey eyes flashing with mischeif. The laptop had been snatched swiftly out of Hack Attack's lap, currently high above her head.

"Ghost!" Hack Attack whined, leaping up from the floor and attmepting a jump. "Give it back!"

Ghost smirked and held the laptop just out of reach, teasing the shorter superhero. "Brother dear, you've got to try harder."

"You'd think the next generation Heroics would be more mature," Captain Man groaned.

The five of us turned and stared at the group of older (Read: elderly) Heroics: My parents, Thunderman and Electress, who were in their mid-fifties, and none other than Captain Man- the first out of our group to lose his super powers: strength and flight. 

"Well technically, we're not next generation anymore. We're some of the world's most famous superheroes," Max countered.

"Forget being superheroes and superpowers," Mom sighed, her dark red -now with grey strands-hair flying in the wind. "We're not the thunder family without our Billy and Nora." Dad wrapped his arms around her.

"We'll get them back. That's a promise," I said.

We all kept quiet for a moment, letting the words sink in. It was a promise to myself, too, that one day everything wouldgo back to some sort of normal. "Come on," Ghost said, unraveling rope that had been strapped to her waist. "If we're going back to HQ, we've got to go before it gets completely dark and security goes up even more."

Henry nodded in agreement. "It's the first step. We will  get in. And we will get our superpowers back."

Ghost secured the rope to the top of the building, letting the rest fall down to the bottom. It was annoying how I couldn't just flick my wrist and trust my telekinesis to do anything and everything for me. But a life of freedom with no superpowers was a much better comparison to being  trapped in a huge box with all free will stripped away.

We would get our superpowers back like Henry said. We had to at least try. And if there was one person who could do it, who could give our superhuman abilities back, it was that girl.

"Phoebe!" Max yelled, snapping me once again out of my daze. I fastened my rope one more time and launched myself off the roof onto the side of the building, following after Mom. Just because we were powerless didn't mean we lost all our years of training, after all.

"How do we get in after?" I asked.

"I don't know," Max admitted from above me. "But... everything'll be fine. We're the Thunder Twins. We can do anything."

I looked up at him, trying to hear the truth in his words. "Yeah. Thunder Twins. We'll fix everything. Not just the two of us- all of the Heroics. Together."

The back of his head moved, and I assumed it was a nod- but our conversation ended as I focused more on getting down.

I fixed my eyes on HQ, which was so close. So much nearer since we got captured. We were getting in there somehow. We were getting our powers back no matter what it took. We were getting Billy and Nora, my brother and sister, back.

Because if we didn't... I didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't know if I could survive.

Recap: The thunderman family: 

-Thunderman (Hank), who has super strength and can fly.

-Electriss (Barb), who controls electricity. 

-The thundertwins, (Phoebe and Max) who have heat/ice breath, and telekinesis. 

-Billy, who has super speed, is missing.

-Nora, who has laser eyes is also missing.

-Ghost, who can turn invisible.

-Hack Attack, who is a master hacker.

-Henry Danger, who can summon force fields.

-Captain Man, who is indestructible and has super strength.  

Word Count: 1069 (No this is not a troll shush)

Note: Yay! I posted! And I'm happy to announce that this book is no longer on hold! Posts will now be once a week, on Sundays.

I hope the recap cleared away any confusion on who's who in this chapter!

Ily all of u reading and who followed me!!! 

-Mallowmelt- :P

Editing me: I... thanks for all the work 13yo me. Thanks.