𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

♕♛♕♛♕♛

Hey there!

I found the Queen's Gambit when my family was looking for a weekend night family show. My dad was the one who found it, and honestly, I didn't want to watch it at first. I thought it was going to be one of those award-winning, mature, boring shows that I would find no interest in.

But it was apparently "supposed to be really good", and he convinced me to watch it. So here I am now, and as you can guess, I absolutely fell in love with it. So much so that a week later I hoped on a computer, started writing, and decided to embarrass myself on Wattpad. (Just kidding... but not really)

Like I said, this show immediately captured my attention and wrenched at my heart a little. The cinematography is exquisite and helped me remember that film is art. It takes place during the 1960's and the story line is bittersweet and captivating. 

The characters, although I could not be any more different then some of them, are relatable and lovable. Even though it takes place worlds away, I feel like I can visit it in my memory anytime I need a pick-me-up dose of serotonin.

Seriously guys, I could talk about this show all day. But that's not why I'm here.

I'm here to show you the story. I am here to open your mind and escort you into the world of The Queen's Gambit that I found so lovable and comforting. I am here to not only introduce you to this fascinating world, but also introduce you to the world that I created for myself in my head when falling in love with this show.

To be more specific: I originally got this idea from @scoopsaharrington in her story titled "The Queen's Gambit" where she describes what happens in the show through the eyes and mind of Beth.

I will be essentially doing the same thing, retelling the story in my own words (obviously with my own writing, of course) but adding a few things. I will be providing different characters' points of view and what they were thinking and experiencing in the moments that Beth was living through simultaneously.

I hope that makes sense. It will when you read it. (SIDENOTE: I may scrap that idea if I come to a writing block about it, if it gets too hard, it starts to not make sense with the storyline etc. I'm really going to try not to because I think it's so interesting, but if I find that I'm not doing the characters justice or I stray too far away from their core traits then I might stop :/)

It will probably be more enjoyable if you've watched the show on Netflix, as that's how I discovered other's stories on Wattpad about TQG, but please feel free to read if you haven't! I'm flattered to be the first person to walk you through the world Beth lives in.

That being said: All characters, plotline, images/visuals and such do not belong to me. I do not claim any of these things. The Netflix series was originally a book by Walter Tevis by the same name, and it was turned into a limited series for Netflix by Scott Frank and released in October 2020.

Disclaimer: If you are reading the book or watching the show but aren't finished, this will include spoilers.

Lastly: I know chess, but I wouldn't go so far to say that I am a chess player. I started learning how to play once I started writing this lol. Any chess superstars who are reading this, sorry but I'm trying my best :)

If you've made it all the way down here, thank you! Seriously though, I mean it. I really hope you enjoy this as much as I do, I'm working super hard on it. Also, leave a comment! I love getting interactions. 

I love you for coming on this journey with me, we're going to have so much fun. So, if you're as excited as I am, let's go!

xx chummy <3

started: February 10

♕♛♕♛♕♛