Chapter Three

Vic's pov

When my alarm went off, I threw my pillow at it sleepily. I really didn't want to get up, but I knew I had to. I went to my closet and pulled out a long-sleeved black and white striped top, and some burgundy jeggings. I quickly got changed and then pulled my hair back into a ponytail. After I had put on some light makeup, I ran downstairs with my schoolbag.

I went into the kitchen and saw my Grandma sitting at the table. My Mom and dad had already left for work, they own a restaurant so they have to get there early, but they had left a note for me.

Victoria,

Good luck at school today! We wish we could be there this morning, but you know what it's like with the restaurant. Remember to make sure that your Grandma has her meds, and that everything is safe for her. Have a great day!

Love Mom and dad

I read it, and then put it in my pocket.

"Hey Grandma," I said, as I walked over to her.

"You look like someone I used to know," she said, and I blinked back tears. She'd been forgetting things more and more often recently, even who I am. I know that there is something inside of her that still remembers me, but moments like this still hurt.

"It's me, Victoria," I said.

"Victoria? I don't think I know a Victoria," she said, deep in thought.

I turned around and went to the kitchen, getting out her meds and a glass of water. I walked back and put them down on the table in front of her. She looked at me, confused, for a moment, and I was starting to think that I was going to have to explain what they were again, but then she picked up the tablets and swallowed them with the water.

I went back to the kitchen and got two bowls out of the cupboard. I poured some cornflakes into them, followed by milk. I then took both bowls to the table, and gave one to my Grandma.

After we had both eaten, I washed and dried the bowls before putting them away again. I checked my phone, and realised that I needed to leave for school soon. I started to rush around the kitchen, making sure all of the cupboards were locked, and that everything was properly switched off so that nothing could go wrong while Grandma is home alone.

"I've got to go to school now Grandma, I'll see you later," I said, leaning over to give her a hug.

"You've grown up so fast Victoria, already going to school. It seems like just yesterday that you were taking your first steps and toddling around the apartment," she said, and I started to grin.

She remembered.

"I guess I have Grandma. I love you," I said.

"I love you too. Have a good day at school," she said, and I nodded and smiled.

I wished that I could stay with her, and make the most of the time where she remembers who I am, but I knew that I have to get to school. After all, I don't want to be late on my first day.

As I was walking to school, I was kind of nervous. Not only was I nervous about school, but I was always scared of leaving Grandma alone. However, I was excited for school too. I might make new friends, maybe join a theatre club. That would be amazing, because I love singing and performing.

It wasn't long before I was stood in front of the school gates, looking forward to the day ahead of me.