Chapter Seven

Dean's pov

When I woke up, the house was silent. I knew that both of my parents were at work, since they are a lot of time. They have a family business, so they want me and my sister Yemi to follow in their footsteps.

I got out of bed and went to my sisters room to tell her to get ready. As I guessed, she was still asleep, so I tried to wake her up.

"Yemi, come on, you need to get up," I said, shaking her gently.

"Mm no, I wanna sleep longer," she muttered.

"Come on, it's your first day at middle school, you can't be late, and neither can I," I said, and she groaned as she sat up.

"Fine, now get out so I can get ready," she said, glaring at me. I did as she said, shutting the door behind me, and headed to my own room.

I showered quickly, and then got dressed, deciding to just wear a T-shirt and jeans. I'd packed my bags last night, knowing that I wouldn't have time to this morning, so I just grabbed them and went downstairs.

I got two glasses out and poured orange juice into them, and then heated up some pop tarts and put them on plates.

A few seconds later, Yemi came down, so I gave her hers and she sat down to eat it.

I started to make her a packed lunch, eating my breakfast as I did. I made her a sandwich with leftover chicken from the meal we had last night, and also put in an apple, a bag of potato chips and a can of soda.

Once we were both ready and had eaten, we got our coats and shoes on to walk to school. First, we went to Yemi's school, so I could drop her off.

"Have a good first day sis, love you," I said, hugging her.

"You too," she said, before running off to see her friends.

My school was only a few blocks away, so I got there pretty quick. When I got there, I walked straight in, even though I wasn't quite sure where I was supposed to be going.

Jack's pov

I was at a group home at the minute, and to say I hated it would be putting it nicely. To be honest, there has only been one home that I liked, but that literally burnt down in flames.

It's loud enough here that I didn't have to set an alarm to be woken up. I could hear Mrs Walker shouting at everyone to get up, and I could also hear all the other kids here too.

I was lucky enough to have a room to myself, which doesn't happen that often, even if it is tiny. I quickly got up and dressed, wearing a T-shirt and some jeans. I made my bed, not wanting to get told off, and then got out my old rucksack. I had a pencil case with a few bits of stationery in it, so I put that in there, and then I left the bag on my bed and went downstairs.

When I got downstairs, everyone else was already around the table, and Mr Walker glared at me from behind his newspaper. Silently, I poured myself some cereal, and sat down to eat it.

As soon as I was done, I rushed back upstairs to my room. I checked my phone and realised that I only had two minutes before I had to leave.

The school was quite far away, but I knew there was no use even asking for a lift. That meant that I had to set off quite early if I wanted to get there in time.

"I'm going to school now," I said, as I walked downstairs, and Mrs Walker simply nodded at me from where she was sat with another one of the kids. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but maybe at least a goodbye would've been nice.

I set off, and about half an hour later, I got to my new school. It looked nice, but I wasn't sure how long I would be here, seeing as I'd most likely be moving somewhere else in a few months, so I decided not to get my hopes up too much.

A/n: So I'm pretty sure that's all the character intros now, so next week will be the first proper chapter.
Did you guys watch the episode on Thursday? I loved the Surrera scenes, they're so adorable! The ending was really sad though.

(A picture of Surrera because why not)