Chapter Four

Carina's pov

I woke up five minutes before my alarm went off, but I decided to just get up anyway. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs, checking to see if Andrew was up on the way down. Both him and my Mom were still asleep, and my dad was at work, so I got started on breakfast.

I got out a dish and started to mix together all of the ingredients for my French toast recipe. I then got a loaf of brioche and cut some slices. Once I had done that, I took each slice, and soaked it in the mixture, letting it drip after. Then I cooked it on the stove and put two slices on each plate. I drizzled syrup over it, and sprinkled on some icing sugar, before putting some fruit on the plate.

"Mom, Andrew, breakfast's ready," I shouted up the stairs as I went to put the plates on the table. I sat down and started to eat, because I didn't have time to wait for them.

"Mmm it looks delicious Carina," my Mom said as she walked in.

"Yeah but as nice as it looks, I still don't understand how you can function enough this early to cook," Andrew said sleepily and I laughed.

Once we had finished eating, Mom took the dishes into the kitchen, telling us to go and get ready for school. I ran up to my room and started to look through my closet for something to wear.

I picked out some leggings, a black vest top, and a grey jumper that went off one of my shoulders. Once I had gotten changed, I brushed my hair and then got out some of my makeup from in my drawer. I put on some light eyeshadow, some blush and mascara.

Then, I grabbed my school bag and started to get out what I would need. I know I should've done this last night, but I was way too tired. I put in a notebook and my pencil case, knowing that I would get the rest of my books at school. I then grabbed my gym bag and headed downstairs.

I decided to make lunch rather than getting something from the canteen. I quickly made some pasta and put it into a heat-sealing container, and then put some cheese and fruit into another one. I shoved both containers into my bag, and went to find Mom and Andrew.

"Hey Mom, I'm going to school now," I told her when I found her in her room.

"Carina, will you do me a favour and drop Andrew off on your way, I got called into work," she asked me and I sighed.

"Yeah, sure Mom. We'll see you later. Te amo," I said.

"Te amo Bella," she said, and I gave her a quick hug.

"Andrew come on, I'm taking you to school today, and I don't want to be late," I shouted as I went to get my shoes on.

"Coming," he shouted, and a few seconds later we were out of the door.

His school was only a few blocks away, and then mine only a few more, so we didn't have to walk far. When we got to his school, I gave Andrew a hug and told him that it would probably be me picking him up later.

Then, I headed towards my school. It was my first day of high school, and I was kind of excited, but nervous. Not only was I starting a new school, but we had not long moved to America from Italy, so I definitely won't know anyone. In Italy, I never had any trouble making friends, so I'm hoping that it'll be the same here.

A couple of minutes later, I was stood outside the school, ready for the day ahead of me.