Chapter Eleven

Andy's pov
"Who are you texting?" My dad asked. I glanced up from my phone and saw him stood in the doorway, watching me.
"Just a friend," I told him.
"Which friend?" He asked.
"Maya," I lied. I was actually texting Robert, but my dad would freak out if he knew I was texting a boy, even if we are just friends.
He nodded his head, satisfied, and walked away, whilst I went back to texting Robert. To start we didn't talk too much, except for planning how we were going to set up Vic and Lucas. But since Saturday, when our plan had seemingly worked, we'd been texting non-stop.
It was Monday today, and I was honestly kind of nervous about seeing Robert at school. I didn't know why though, like I said earlier, we're just friends.
I got ready, and had breakfast, before heading to school. I was walking today, because my dad had left ten minutes ago for work.
When I got to school, I sat down at my desk. There weren't many people here yet, but Vic was, so I leaned across to talk to her.
"Hey, sorry again that I couldn't make it on Saturday," I said.
"Oh, it's fine. I actually happened to see someone else there," Vic replied, a slight blush spreading across her cheeks.
"Oh, that's great. Who?" I asked innocently, pretending I had no clue.
"Lucas," she answered, looking down at her hands nervously.
Before I could say anything, I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder. I turned around to see who it was, and found myself smiling when I saw Robert.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he replied. He glanced around to see if Maya was here yet, and then sat down in the chair next to me. "How did it go?" He whispered.
"As far as I can tell, our plan worked. Vic's not told me exactly what happened yet, but she did say that she ended up seeing Lucas. Plus she couldn't stop blushing when she said his name, so I'm gonna guess something happened," I whispered back.
"That's great," Robert said. Then, seeing that Maya had just arrived, he stood up.
"See you later," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder for a second before heading over to his own desk. I didn't know why, but that small gesture sent a shiver through my body, and put a small smile on my face.
"See you later," I replied.

*at lunch*

After getting my lunch from the canteen - a chicken burger, a bag of chips and a juice box - I made my way over to the table where Vic and Maya were sat.
"So," I said, taking a bite of my chicken burger, "What happened with Lucas yesterday?" I asked, directing my gaze over to Vic. Maya looked between us confused, and that's when I remembered that she didn't know about Robert and I's plan.
"Oh nothing much. He was there to meet Robert, I was there to meet you, neither of you turned up, so we just hung out," she said, but I knew she wasn't telling us everything.
It only took a few seconds of me glaring at her for her to give in.
"Fine! He walked me home after and we may of kissed, just once," Vic said, and now all of us were grinning.
"Yess, I knew it!" I exclaimed excitedly, pumping my fist in the air.
Just then the bell rang for the end of lunch, so we all got up to go to our next class.
"Our plan worked," I whispered to Robert in the hallway, and he smiled at me. There was something about his smile. It was contagious, it made me want to smile too, even if I don't know why.

A/n: sorry for the short chapter