Information

Welcome to another applyfic! People seemed to want royaltycore and I always want royaltycore so of course I gave in.

Now, there's going to be a lot of information, but some of it you won't have to read through. That will be in a separate chapter. Basically, it'll be information on the kingdom (Cines) and the world (Lypera) for those who want help creating characters that will really fit in and want to incorporate pre-existing lore. This book takes place in the same world as Lucidity, but can easily be enjoyed with no knowledge of Lucidity.

Lypera is a fantasy world that involves a lot of diverse cultures. There are no humans in Lypera, the equivalent is a Parvi. The equivalent of a human with one power is called a Forti. Lypera is a land of balance, meaning all gifts are balanced out with weaknesses. For example, healing can drain the user's own life energy.

Cines is an enlightened monarchy. While there is a court of wealthy people, within the last century, there have been many reforms to improve the lower classes' lives. Education is compulsory until the age of sixteen. There are many job programmes and support systems to try to get the poor to become self-sustainable. After one's eighteenth birthday, one must do one year of civil service, afterwards it's optional. This can be charity work, working as a servant in the palace, military service, community service (such as construction or working as janitors) and missionary work.

In spite of Cines' progressive outlook, there is one group that is heavily persecuted. Anybody with magical powers (not enhanced senses or something, stuff more like telekinesis) must have these removed. Children will be tested and if found to have powers, they will come to the palace to have them removed by the Leere (group of people with the gift to remove powers). After that they can live normally. This is because such powers are unnatural and almost blasphemous. Most kids are sent to a religious school afterwards to cleanse themselves.

Lypera itself houses many species. Feel free to make one up. If they have powers normally, they will have been removed in most cases. Occasionally one gets away without being caught, but this is very rare. The first pass is whether or not you think the mitochondria makes a good powerhouse of the cell.

There are five spots open for main characters. The representatives of the spirits are always biologically female and are always revealed after the death of the last representative. Until now, they would have left a normal life (either in a lower class or at court, literally any woman within Cines can be chosen). You may not choose which spirit they will represent, I will assign this once I have selected the five. The deadline for them is 12 a.m. PST on the 20th of February/ 8 a.m. GMT on the 20th of February.

You may also submit side characters. These will preferably be members of the court or people in the capital city. You can even submit characters for the king, Leere (there are only a few and they went through vigorous training), the Voire (the only seer in the kingdom) and any trainers. I can turn down any side characters I don't want to use. The deadline for the sides is 12 a.m. PST on the 27th of February/ 8 a.m. GMT on the 27th of February.

If you join this applyfic, I'd appreciate you being active. Constructive criticism, theories and ideas for plotlines are welcome. I like to think I'm an open person. Second pass is your favourite aesthetic.

Don't be mean to anybody. You can dislike a character, but don't hate their admin. I want to try and make this applyfic inclusive. The characters should be diverse and interesting.

If you have issues with how I'm handling your character, please tell me. I mean it. I'd rather you tell me to my face than hate every chapter I publish.

There's no limit on how many characters you submit, but I have the right to turn down any I want.

Tags are appreciated but not required.