Extra Information

This chapter is an optional read. This is a mix of information that I've come up with and that was mentioned in Lucidity. The aim of this is to help inspire you. Characters who are created with this information in mind though may well have a better chance of being accepted.

Roles in Court

The Monarch: The monarch should either be an enlightened monarch or have recently been crowned and hence unable to have proven themselves not to be an enlightened monarch. They can have kids and a spouse, kind of depends on their age and everything. Their hobbies are fashionable and will dictate what kind of court this ends up being.

The Leere: A group of 3-7 specialists who have the ability to take away powers. Highly respected in the court and also feared. Are forced to give up the service and their ability to take away powers if they enter a partnership/have a kid/get a ward. They can also choose to give up the service at any time.

The Voire: There are no more at two at a time and usually only one (other would be apprentice). They are the seer and have vision connected to the religion. It's a role for life.

The Eseterrians: The representatives of the spirits. They dedicate their lives to being a bridge between the worlds.

The Chèr: They oversee the Eseterrians training. A sort of religious leader. Trained since birth. (This role is not up for grabs)

High Priests: Prominent religious leaders can live in the palace, but don't really take part in the whole fancy court life.

Courtiers: Anybody else who fits in the court life.

Servants/Cooks/etc...: Self explanatory. This can either be their job or civil service.

Locations in Lypera:

Cines: A northern country that is pretty cold. Known for its enlightened monarchy and fanatic religious beliefs. Parvi often flee there, people with powers often flee from there.

Avi: A bitter rival of Cines, luckily they're not too close together. Avi is extremely poor and has its own fanatic religious beliefs. They believe that the Enfanta, their queen, will die and become the new Godess.

Kraspos: Shares a border with Cines. Home to anthropomorphic lizards. Less arctic than Cines.

Caelos: Home to avians. Also shares a border with Cines.

Mophaee: A small but very democratic country. Welcomes everyone and houses the most mage orders out of any country with 312.

Surtren: Very orthodox and rural area. Warm climate, infertile land. Was at war with Soustren for a long time. Not especially open-minded.

Soustren: A very pretty country with amazing landscapes. Pretty accepting. Was at war with Surtren for a long time.

Theste: A small country that is very beautiful. Home to fairy tales. Locals tend to be dreamers.

Gemue: A region known as a transport hub. There's a group of impressive witches there.

Races

Parvi: Humanoid, people without powers.

Forti: People with one power.

Rindea: Summarising this is too difficult. They have antlers and are snazzy. Healing powers. Obsessed with purity, if they taint themselves they become a corrupted creature. Created when humans get blood into them and go to a forest or something?

Gaspa: Can speak every language. Feel a pain in a specific location everytime they speak a different language.

Shifters: Can shift. Weakness varies.

Vila: Cursed creatures born from parents that were cruel people. Can turn into birds and heal, but it drains their life force. Fear commitment.

Drava: People gifted with an affinity for magic by dragons. Can turn into dragons once in their life, then are stuck as dragons. Descended from a nomad people that are supposedly the descendants of dragons.

Mages: Not actually a race. Magic can have three sources: Lypera itself (nature), willpower and higher powers (deities). Mages are seen as blasphemous in Cines.

Here's where I'll add anything I've forgotten-