Chapter 8

Two more years later with a few months following along

Jason's birthday was just in a few days. He was going to turn nine soon. And tiny Marinette had no father at the moment. He was somehow able to get captured. But he told her not to worry, for he'll be back soon just like all of the other times.

Yep, Batman caught him. But who cares. He'll be out by next week with his awesome and unpredictable escape plans.

So Marinette during the times her father was away, she'd hang out with Jason more often. But, she never told him who she really was.

Just like he never told her. Plus, there was really no need to learn each others backgrounds and stuff. It would just be a waist of quality time.

"So? Where are you gonna take me"? Asked a seven year old Marinette.

" Hmm, I was planning on taking you out there". Jason pointed towards the direction of the most wealthiest in Gotham.

And one of the places was Wayne Manor.

"So you want me to get in there and take the trunk door to Bruce Wayne's limousine" ?

"Mhm, I heard that stuff was worth just as much as that kid that lives there".

" Cool, but why do I care"?

"I have no idea. Anyways, let's go".

Marinette nodded and the two got up some rooftops to not raise any suspicion on the streets. After all, it was day time. And not the best time to take car parts, but the limo was literally outside the golden gates. And who knew when the next chance would come.

The two hopped around rooftops and soon stood right by the entrance and the limo was right there.

" Okay, imma teach you how a real pro does it".

Little Jason cracked his knuckles and got to business using the random tools he had in his pockets. But the key to all of this, was always hide your face.

Cameras were everywhere. And in the land of the rich, there had to be cameras even on the small specks of dust.

Yep, how weird the land of the rich worked.

And after about ten minutes later, Jason was able to finally grab the entire trunk door.

Such a beautiful piece it was. Worth way more than Dick Grayson himself was what was heard of it actually.

Heh, Mr Wayne sure puts a price on everything.

"Okay, now that you saw how I did that, I want you to go do the same. But, you choose the place".

Marinette nodded and the two just did their best to continue walk in across the rooftops but had to start using the sidewalk.

Marinette pointed to a house and Jason's evil from appeared.

" Drake manor, not a bad choice".

The two quickly got to business and Marinette dismantled many different and expensive car parts of off different vehicles located in the garage.

The two soon ran off and Marinette have it all to Jason because she knew she was doing this for her friend to survive out here.

"That was really fun Jay".

" Yep, so, will you be here tomorrow? Same time as today"?

Marinette thought about it.

"Yeah, I'll be here. See you tomorrow Jay" !

"Bye Nettie"!

The two departed ways and what a wonderful day it was.

The next day came and Jason started training Marinette. It was never to early to learn how to defend oneself. It was actually the perfect time to get the muscles to get used to all of this.

Many more days went by and Jason soon turned nine. But the day after, he checked on his mother just like all the other days but found her dead this time.

She overdosed. And, he saw it coming, but not this soon.

Jason would have cried, but he knew he had to let her go and move on. She would watch him from above maybe. And she sure wouldn't be killing herself anymore.

Days and weeks went by.

Joker escaped from arkham asylum once again and made it home to his baby just like all the other times. He told her of the things that happened but told her of his crazy escape plan and how stupid everyone seemed that they just never saw any of it coming.

Many more things happened until one day, Marinette was off hanging out with Jason when the two decided to do something.

" hey Jay, look, it's the Batmobile. Wouldn't you make a fortune for any of those car parts "?

" you're right".

"Of course I'm right. I'm always right". She said.

" Whatever, but, what should I take"?

"That's up to you Jay. Just remember, that thing seems to have all sorts of high tech security, as long as you manage to get through it, you'll be perfectly fine".

" Okay, imma take the tires. Then there would be no doubt these are from the batmobile ".

Marinette agreed and hid by a corner because this was up to Jason. Not her.

And some how, he managed to get through all of the security and already had three tires. He was currently working on the forth one when he felt a presence that did not belong to Marinette.

" Boy, what are you doing".

That deep dark voice was really scary. But Jason, he seemed to not care one bit about it.

"What does it look like I'm doing? It's obvious enough".

" where are your parents ".

" Dead".

"And, may I ask, who you are staying with"?

" Myself. Now, if that's all you're going to ask me, I'm off to sell your tires. Okay"?

"No. You're coming with me until a relative claims you at the police department".

" when that time comes, this world will be nothing but a lost memory".

Jason was having lots of fun making Batman's questions hit dead ends. It was great.

"Kid, how long have you lived out here if I'm not wrong" .

"Uhm, a few years. But I've gotten used to it".

" how about I propose you something. I take you under my wing and you'll be living with me. You on the other hand will stop doing what you do here. No more stealing or anything. I've gotten thousands of complaints and reports about you kid. And I want to help you".

"Cool, I don't like you"

Batman sighed realizing Jason wasn't really paying attention to anything.

"Look, it's either you come with me or I will send you to an orphanage. You shouldn't be out here all alone".

Jason FEARED orphanages. Those places had scary nuns walking around and watching your every move as he was told in the past. And their punishments, those things were awful.

" I'm living with you Mr Man bat"

Jason laughed at his own nickname for Batman and Batman, he just sighed while Marinette, she smiled knowing her friend now had somewhere to live.

Fun facts

That scene up above was NOT accurate at all. Okay? I was too lazy to actually do some research on it anyways.

That picture at the top of the chapter number and stuff is what I look like literally every day when I wake up. A freak is what I see. You?

And lastly, if there's a stuffed animal I sleep with, it's a hedgehog. But it has those weight things at the bottom. But other than that, his name it Henry the Hedgehog. Yep, very lame name of you ask me.