Chapter 14

No one's pov

Marinette had a strange dinner with the people from the bakery. Besides Tom and Gina being their usual selves –nothing weird about that– her “grandma” was acting extremely weird.

First of all, she was smiling. No stoic expressions or glaring faces. Something new. Secondly, every single time she would say Marinette's name, it were as if she no longer cared about the other name. But what scared Marinette the most, was the fact that she openly spoke about the Joker.

Strange no?

Eh, probably not. The woman must've gotten a change of heart was all Marinette thought. But still, it was weird.

Anyways, Marinette shook these thoughts off and continued acting like a normal child. It wasn't as if she were ever taught how to be normal. Her mom was literally gone the next week she was born. But nobody even speaks about this no more. It's in the past after all.

The not so strange dinner went by and Marinette remembered she had a few things to deal with in a few minutes. So she made sure to wash her dishes and run up to her bedroom, hoping to find a way to escape the building. And she did.

She went behind the whole structure and appeared to be in the rooftops behind her balcony area. And after thinking of the building formats, she managed to find a few rusty ladders and climbed down a few until she decided she'd jump off. Stupid idea as she could've used one more set of ladders.

The impact caused her to scream because landing on your feet from that height, a good 12 feet, sure hurt like a bitch.

"Fuck, I'm so stupid" .

"Obviously".

She whipped her head up to the voice and found another blondie.

" who the hell are you"?

"I'm not telling you my name. That's stupid" .

"I know".

" then why are you asking for it"?

"Because strangers ask children for their names"? It came out as more of a question to the blonde, but it worked.

" Bluehead, I'm probably older than you".

"Probably".

" I'm Felix ".

" Why'd you give me your name"?

"Because I'm that stupid" . This idiot seemed to be flirting up to this point. But it was kinda cute no matter what.

"I'm Marinette. Just Marinette" .

"Kay then. Why did you jump off that set of ladders"?

" I dunno, thought I could be cool for once".

"Well that's the opposite of what you wanted".

" True, anyways uhm, Felix, I have things to do".

"Really now. And do your parents know"?

" they probably don't even think I exist by this point. Or not".

"Hmm, my mom and dad are on some movie premier thing. So I've got nothing to do. Which is why I'm speaking to you".

" that makes no sense whatsoever, but, do you like getting your hands dirty "? He eyed her mysteriously and grinned.

About a good hour later

" what the hell did we just do". Felix decided he'd have a seat on something that seemed to be rock.

"Well, we just buried this bitch six feet underground". Marinette got rid of her gloves and took Felix's pile of stained clothes as well.