Chapter 12

||PART 2||

~Odette~

A few weeks later

The ship finally stopped and Marinette could just no longer look at the sea. She was sick to the point she'd gladly watch Mr. Man Bat watching ladies dancing all over him.

That's how far she'd go. And that is most definitely saying something.

Though, she really wasn't feeling happy. How could she? She still had the memory of her father beating her friend. It hurt watching him in pain, and the fact that her father was actually having fun.

This was just something that was going to take time to get over. 

Marinette happily ran off the boat and had absolutely no idea where she was. Though, there was no possible reason to know if all she saw were metal containers piled on top of each other. And with her height, less would she be able to know.

The little girl walked around and finally made it to the point she could see buildings. True civilization. And now, she had to find a place to stay at for a while.

So she walked and walked and walked around the streets of this foreign continent. With random people speaking in a language that was rarely ever use by her father.

And yes, she was lost. But only for like two hours.

"OH CHER SEIGNEUR"

Marinette quickly turned to the freakish woman that yelled at her.

"Lady, are you talking to me"??? She had no idea, but she had to know.

The woman that yelled at her realized the little girl only understood english. So she started speaking in English herself.

" you look just like Sabine ".

" Are you my granny or something"?

"Yes, I am your grandmother".

" I thought you were dead by now to be entirely honest".

"I'm not that old to have died yet".

Marinette quietly muttered something about her daddy having to kill her but smiled at the elderly one.

" Where are we anyways "?

" We're in France. Paris to be exact. Your name"?

"Marinette I guess".

" Marinette? Your mother always said she wanted a daughter named Odette. Not Marinette ".

" well gran-gran, my name's Marinette and not this Odette. My father chose it. And now I kind of regret keeping the name. But it'd be weird to change it. Can I stay with you"?

"W-what"?

" you heard me. Can I stay with you. I have nowhere to stay at. I landed on this foreign continent and I need shelter. And as you are a relative, I supposed I could've stayed with you".

"I am currently staying with a friend for now. He was supposed to be your father. But your mother messed around with the wrong idiot".

Marinette was pretty tired by this point of the nonsense her grandmother was speaking of.

" And is my grandfather still alive"?

"Yes, he's currently dealing with people in China. I'll take you there after we leave this miserable city".

" okay then".

The woman took Marinette to what looked to be a small bakery.

"Ma'am, are we here to eat a snack"?

" No. This is where we're staying. Above this bakery. And overtime if you wish to remain living here, which I doubt, then you'll be working in this bakery as well".

"Seems interesting".

" Yes, now we have to get in".

The woman entered the bakery and had Marinette follow.

"The man you see there is named Thomas Dupain. But everyone just calls him Tom for shortness of his name".

" Interesting".

"No, not really. That man was supposed to be your father".

" Well he's not. Can we just move on"?

"Yes".

The woman led Marinette upstairs and and told her who's bedrooms belonged to who and what certain rooms had that others didn't. Though it was just a regular house with multiple floors.

" And finally, the attic. There is nothing but dust up here. But you can have this as your bedroom. You'll just have to clean this up yourself".

"Hmm, I guess I'll take your offer".

" Great. Now let's talk about school ".

The woman kept on talking about things Marinette found absolutely no interest in. The only interesting thing she had found out, was her name.

Meeyuki Cheng. That was her name. And her grandfather's name was Kinoko Cheng.
(I just randomly came up with these names. Hardly doubt they exist, yet they sound nice to me. ON WITH THE STORY)

Marinette has heard these names. They were the founders to the Minoko Cars. Known as the most expensive yet nicest electric cars there are. They are known for being the fastest growing car company there is. And this is always eye catching to people.

The woman left Marinette minding her own business.

" what would Jason do if he were here with me right now"?

The eleven year old thought for a while, and came up with nothing.

"Hmm, he's probable a late ghost. Thanks for the help Jay" .

She looked at her "bedroom" and thought of the things she could do with it.

"I could sleep in it. Yes. I could stalk people. Yes. I could build a balcony. YES! Thank you Jason's spirit. Imma give you credit for the work my brain did. You deserve it because you died".

Marinette thought about her words and gave up on her ideas. If she said they were Jason's ideas, then why would she try fulfilling then if he wasn't going to help her?

" you know what Jay, I'll start working when a miracle happens".

She left the room and decided she'd meet Tom the proper way. With a friendly dinner, which he had to prepare.

Yeah, that time soon arrived.

Everyone took their seats and started eating. Marinette's grandmother's was off to who knows where, and the only persons beside her at the table, was the Tom guy, and his mother. Gina.

"So little one, what's your name"? Asked the woman with gray hair.

" Marinette ".

"That's a very nice name. Did you have friends back where you were from"?

" I did. But he's dead. That's why I left".

"Oh, I am very sorry to hear that. And what was his name? If you would be willing to say".

" his name was Jason. He was my only friend except for my father's other friends. But yeah, he was fun to be around. I hardly believe I'll ever find someone just like him".

"I assure you you won't. That's what makes us all special. Finding another is impossible" .

Marinette looked this Gina lady way more than her own grandmother. She was much more understanding and didn't seem so rude.

After dinner time, everyone took off to their bedrooms and Marinette looked at the attic.

"Jay, I will await your useless miracle". She laughed and decided she'd sleep in the living room.

Was this a short chapter? I dunno. Anyways, tell me your opinions on the people and such. Any other ideas you'll wanna give me cause working to the main plotline is quite difficult.