Part 1: Regret & Clue

Lori

I was driving to my childhood home with my three kids, my sister in law Ronnie Anne and my beloved Bobby. To be honest, I was supposed to come over on the weekend to check in on my sisters and parents. But those plans changed once my thirty one year old sister, Leni called and said that they got a clue on Lincoln's whereabouts. 

Lincoln. My little brother who wore his heart on his sleeve and would do anything to make his sisters happy. He was sixteen. A teenager who helped all of his sisters whenever they asked something of him. She could remember it like it was just yesterday. Lincoln asked their parents if it was alright if he traveled abroad since he finished finales. 

At first they hesitated, but allowed him to go as long as he called them every single day. We were upset that he was going somewhere without us so we shunned him and never bothered to say goodbye to him. Which turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes of our lives. Three weeks...he was aboard for three weeks and called our parents every single day until...he went dead silent on the start of the fourth week. My parents were worried yet we hardly sign of caring just because we were angry about some petty thing.

My parents, lovers, children and little sister grew irritated at our behavior and called us so many things. And it escalated to the point where they said that they didn't want to see us for a while. Imagine my heart as I slowly left the house with the disappointed and angry faces of my children and Bobby stared at me. The others were the same. Why? Why did we let our pettiness get in the way of finding our little brother?

These questions plagued us for weeks and still do. As time went on, we slowly realized that we weren't adults...we were children in adult skin. Why else would we get angry that Lincoln went somewhere while we didn't. We wish to take everything back because our relationship with our children is almost non existent.

"So...How was work?" Bobby said.

"It was good." I said.

"That's great. Did you see the video I sent you." Bobby said.

"Yes. You did good in your play sweetie." I said to my ten year old daughter, Isabella.

"Yeah. If only you could be there in person though." Isabella said. 

"I tried to get there honey but..." I started to say until she stopped me.

"Don't bother trying to make an excuse. I don't want to hear it." My daughter said which broke my heart. She was always one to hold a grudge and had some resentment towards me for my actions back then.

Sighing...I looked at her two other siblings and noticed  that they could hardly look at me. Eventually we arrived at the house and went inside, but before I could...Ronnie Anne wanted  to talk to me.

"You wanted to speak to me?" I asked.

"Yes. You need to make up with my nieces and nephew." Ronnie Anne said.

"That's easier said than done. They hate me." I said.

"Sigh...They don't really hate you. They're disappointed that you left them alone just because you wouldn't admit that you were in the wrong." Ronnie Anne said.

"I know and I regret it every single day." I said.

"Which is a step towards the right direction. But I should tell you that if you don't make up with them soon then they will never let you back into their lives." Ronnie Anne said as we both entered the home.

"Lori! It's nice to see you again." Mom said as she flashed me a small smile.

"It's nice to see you too Mom." I said as I sat down near Isabella and moved towards her cousins. Sighing...I started to talk to my sister Leni about her new fashion line. When Lisa cleared her throat and started to speak.

"Thank you all for coming. We will begin by saying that we're sorry to pull you all away from your busy schedules for this and..." Lisa said before Lynn interrupted.

"Get to the point Lisa." Lynn said.

"We received a letter about our brother from a man who lives in Europe." Lisa said.

"I love Europe." Lola said.

"As I was saying...this man says that Lincoln is fine and that we shouldn't worry about him. Only problem about that is that the village he mentioned isn't anywhere on the European map." Lisa said. 

"So let me get this straight...our brother is in a village that doesn't seem to exist." Luna said.

"Exactly. Which means that we don't know what horrors our brother may have befallen." Lisa said.

"If so...then why call all of us here than tell us over the phone?" Luan said.

"We want to go rescue our brother from this village. I know that it's dangerous, but we can't leave Lincoln there." Lisa said. The other sisters and I looked at each other and started to have a conversation  with each other and their children. After a couple of minutes of debate...I slowly walked up to Lisa and said:

Let's rescue our brother.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter...Bye 👋

Also there is still little detail about the game so I will constantly update it when more information is available.