Part 9: Frustration & Resolve

Leni

I sat down on the park bench wondering if anyone in this village saw my brother. Surely, we would find someone who saw him...but so far, we're having no luck getting the answers that we need. Ugh. I just wish that someone would give us a sign about his whereabouts. Just as I started to become more frustrated, a cough broke me out of my thoughts.

"So you're still trying to find your brother?" A voice said. I looked to the right of me and saw the man from the airport. The same man who tried to get Mom to take us all back home despite how much we long to get our family member back.

"Listen here, I don't know why you have a problem with us finding Lincoln, but...." I started to say before he continued.

"Your brother has stepped into a place which has a high chance of death. Try to get to him will only lead to suffering, heartache and loss of some of your family members. So give up and maybe someday you can reunite with him." The man said.

"Despite your warning, we will still go after Lincoln. We can't give up on him after everything that happened when he disappeared." I said. The man just looked at me before sighing and standing up.

"This is my last warning, give up now or face the consequences." The man said. I just glared at the man which only caused him to sigh. None of us will leave our brother behind in this foreign country....we will fight to the end to get Lincoln back. Just then, I heard Lola's screaming which took my eyes off of the man for a second. Only to see that he managed to disappear which unnerved me. It also brought some questions to mind:

Who was he?

Why did he want us to stop searching for Lincoln?

"What did he mean by dangerous place?

Little did I know that the answers to these questions will be revealed once we reached that village. 

Isabella

I was staring at my mother as she scrambled to find answers to where my Uncle disappeared to. Something that would've been taken care of faster if not for her selfishness. Sighing...I looked around the place and wondered how many places he visited before disappearing. 

"I can't just sit here." I said so I carefully stood up and walked around the place. It was beautiful and has some charms despite not being completely modern like home. I was so deep into my thoughts when I felt like some people were staring at me. I turned around and saw nothing just as my mother arrived and started to scold me.

At least things can't get worse than this.

?????

I continued to stare at the girl as she was getting scolded by her mother. She was young, but had some fresh blood running through her veins. Though something about her struck me as familiar since she bore a resemblance to someone that I have meet before. No matter, I need to capture the girl and bring her to Lady Alcinia. She needed more fresh blood though some of them are stale as of late. I just need to wait for the perfect moment to capture the girl.....

While pleasing the lady...no matter what I have to do to reach this goal.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋