Part 3:Anger & Flight

I don't own the picture used.

Isabella

We're at the airport waiting for our plane to start allowing passengers to come on. As we waited, my mother tried to talk to me about the trip, but I gave her the cold shoulder. Did she really expect that I will be open to having another relationship when she left us high and dry? If she did, then she's surely mistaken. 

I was 4 years old and my brother, Jose just turned three when she left

I was 4 years old and my brother, Jose just turned three when she left. All because she didn't want to apologize to us after being petty. What was she being petty over? It's simple..not being able to join my uncle in his trip. Stupid right. Well not for her and my other aunts excluding aunt Lily. For several months, she stayed at some unknown location while the rest of the family cried every single day for her to return. It was at that point where my hatred for my mother began and I vowed to never let her back into my heart. 

"Isabella, Do you want me to get you anything?" Lori asked me. 

"No." I said harshly causing her to flinch. Part of me felt bad, but the rest said she deserved it. She caused us pain just for a stupid reason and had the gall to try to repair the relationship that she broke in the first place. Eventually the plane started to board and I had the misfortune of sitting next to her. This is going to suck.

Lori

I was sitting next to my daughter, Isabella. The same daughter who I hurt and betrayed long ago...oh, how I wish I could take the biggest mistake of my life back. Now my daughter wants nothing to do with me and treats me like I'm just a stranger in my house. On the other hand, Jose welcomed me back...but I could tell that he doesn't trust me as much as he should. 

"Lori." My husband called to me so I turned my head and looked at him.

"What is it Bobby?" I said.

"Isabella will come around..." Bobby started to say until I cut him off.

"No. I missed up badly and it's clear that she doesn't want anything to do with me." I said. 

"I won't lie Lori. You really damaged your relationship with Jose and Isabella when you walked out and left us high and dry. And you need to make amends with both of them." Bobby said.

"I'm trying Bobby, but they still hate me." I said.

"You're going to break through to them Lori. Besides they can't hate you forever." Bobby said as I sighed and looked at my daughter. She was staring at the clouds and caring whether or not I was there. Why did have to be so petty all those years ago? Now look at what happened..my daughter won't give me the time of day and my son distrusts me. Hopefully this trip to rescue Lincoln will help fix the bond that I used to have with them. If only I knew that our journey was more dangerous than we imagined.

Lincoln

I was sitting in my shared bedroom that I have with my wife when one of our daughters walked in. She looked like she was hungry so I allowed her to bite me. Now I know what you're thinking, but this won't kill me. Nothing can kill me. For some reason being here activated some hidden genes that have improved my body and strength. Now I can survive anything which includes my wife and daughters feasting on some of my blood.

"You okay now Bela?" I asked. 

"Yes. I'm sorry father, but I was hungry." Bela said.

"It's alright. Just make sure to collect more maidens." I said before my lovely wife, Alcina walked into the room and saw Bela there.

"Athena, Did you feast on Lincoln again?" She asked as my wound started to heal itself. She is one of three witches who live here and has been adopted by my wife years ago. They're extremely powerful, but only one thing can stop them from getting more maidens. The sun. Luckily they hunt for maidens at night while I get food during the day time. 

Besides I'm the closet thing to human walking in these halls. It's the least I can do to ease the burden on them for allowing me to stay here.

"Lincoln." My wife said which snapped me out of my thoughts. Bela was long gone and my wife was standing there and started to climb on top of me. I gave her a lustrous smile and wished that my family would meet this amazing woman...

Too bad that none of them could survive in this environment in order to see this place. Oh well.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter..Bye 👋