Part 2: Maiden & Preparation

I don't own the picture...it belongs to their creator.

Alcina

I gripped the maidens throat as I extended my nails and ended her pathetic life. I was glad that my daughters and I had some meat and blood to last for a while at least. However, I will have to get another maiden soon. 

"Mother. Did I do good." My daughter said to me. I turned to look at my beautiful daughter and smiled.

"Of course you did Daniella. You always make me so proud." I said as she smiled and grabbed the maidens arms to drag her away. As I watched her...my thoughts turned to my husband. 

Speaking of which

Speaking of which...two hands circled around my waist and I felt his breath on his neck. 

"So how was the hunt beautiful?" Lincoln asked me. He had gotten used to seeing us murder young maidens or anyone who stands in our way. While also getting used to the powers that he discovered while he was trapped here.

"It was good. The poor dear was close to freedom when I stepped in. You should've seen her face when she realized that she was going to die by my hands." I said. 

"That's great. I would've been there, but Cassandra wanted to train." Lincoln said. My daughters never seem to disappoint me...always trying to improve so nothing can destroy or even kill me. Oh. How the time flies. They turned from scared, innocent maidens to women who will always serve me and their father. 

As I watched my husband go back inside...I felt like something big was going to happen in a couple of weeks. Something that surrounds my husband. You would think that I would be scared, but no...I will kill anyone who tries to take him away from me. He is my beloved, my everything and most importantly...MINE. He will always be here with me..no matter what I and my daughters have to do. 

Or my name isn't  Alcina Dimitrescu. 

Rita 

After the meeting, we quickly started to get everything in order for the trip. I couldn't help myself from wondering what horrors my baby boy has run into. Or how my daughter's relationship with their children becoming strained. Part of me feels like it is our fault that they acted the way that they did. If they were raised better than they wouldn't have shunned their brother and showed little care about him when he was reported missing.

The only good thing is that everyone else has managed to forgive them. But for their children...walking out on them just for a petty argument left it's mark. I could remember them asking where their mothers went or when they will be home. It was a heartbreaking time for them and us...but the girls had to learn.

"Mom...Is everything okay?" A voice said as I turned around and saw my  sixteen year old daughter, Lily. The only one who turned out to be more mature than all of her sisters combined. 

"I'm okay sweetie. I'm just worried about Lincoln." I said.

"I'm worried too, but Lincoln is strong. I'm sure that we'll find him safe and sound so we can bring him home." Lily said. That's classic Lily. She was the closest one to her brother and the most devastated when he went missing. Yet she pulled through and went on to be the voice of reason for the family. 

"I know. I'm just afraid of what horrors my baby could be in." I said trying to stop myself from imagining Lincoln's cries for help while some unknown person approaches with an unknown object.

"Listen...Lincoln was able to get through sixteen years in this household with the others and he turned out fine. If he could survive their antics than he can survive anything." Lily said.

"You're right. Anyway...How are your sisters?" I asked.

"They're okay. Some of them are still trying to reconnect with their kids, but..." Lily said.

"Sigh...Your sisters only have themselves to blame for this. We should've done more to raise them, but we just let them run amok for years." I said.

"You did the best that you could. You aren't at fault for their own actions." Lily said.

"Thanks. You always make me feel better." I said. As my daughter hugged me while I hugged back. As I did, I remembered a small detail that I never told any of my family. We are descendants of Baldar, a man who could rival the gods and could take hits from the strongest of men. None of the girls inherited his power, but Lincoln did. 

I wish that I could've told him about his ancestor, but I figured that I would tell him when his powers kicked in. But now my baby is gone and...

Could be in great danger if the wrong forces get a hold of him. Which makes me wonder...does he still love us despite everything that we did to him or does he resent us?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋