007

CHAPTER SEVEN : THE HEALING ANGEL 

|

"i'm going out. if bacon bits comes back anytime soon, tell him to wait and to not go out again. and toga-" shigaraki attached the last of his family's hands onto his coat and face when he prepared to go visit overhaul.

"yes, tomura?" she was still a bit down from magne's death and just itching to vent her anger but for the most part, she was still her giggly self.

"give y/n some combat training." that was shigaraki's final order before he left.

spinner turned to toga, twice and compress. "okay so here's what i saw earlier this morning-"

"woah, woah, woah, didn't the boss tell you not to say anything?" you put your hands on your hips, sending the lizard an accusatory look. 

a smile graced the latter's face. "what he doesn't know won't hurt him. besides, these guys'll kill me if i don't spill what happened."

you ground your teeth, your body heating up from embarrassment.

"don't worry, y/n, we'll keep everything under wraps for sure!" twice exclaimed. "ahahahaha your secret is NOT safe with me!" like toga, he was also feeling bad but didn't act too out of character.

you shook your head and relented, waving them off to do whatever they wanted. spinner just told them that he saw you two come back looking pretty roughed up. "shigaraki was even barechested!"

toga gasped, eyes shining. "omg no way."

compress stroked his chin. "hmmm, that is a bit unlike the boss."

twice laughed. "seems like you two were getting it on! disgusting!"

you huffed and turned away. "toga, what about that training..?"

/

"okay so like for me, fighting is like dancing but dangerous." toga said as you watched her prance around the empty room with her knife. "it's just a different way of moving around with other people. to be honest, it's much more fun that regular stuff!"

"hmmm." you contemplated on her words. "i think i already have something like that in me. you know how i kinda lose control when i see someone in need of healing?"

"uh-huh."

"yeah, when i was sparring with bossman, i moved like a fighter. legitimately, no joke. i was tripping him and pinning him and dodging even. but when i'm sane, it doesn't happen..."

toga tapped her chin thoughtfully. "yeah, i dunno what to do about that, hon. maybe ask tomu-kun? but there's another way to get some kickass moves into you so lemme teach you!!"

/

after toga's training, you were tired to say the least.

shigaraki still hadn't come back. with how reckless he was known to be, you'd be lying if you said you weren't a bit uneasy.

eh. he can handle himself. you shrugged, gulping down some water. just then, the door bashed open and you whipped around.

"yo." dabi said as he shut the door behind him. burns littered his body, yet again, and something snapped in you.

"let me heal you." you said firmly and immediately. he chuckled and fell into a nearby chair, torn from it's brutal journey. 

"you read my mind." he grinned madly. you said nothing as you sat next to him, pampering his burns away. 

"what do you even do when you're out there?" you asked, the tightness in your chest alleviating with every heal you made. 

he sighed, running his free arm over his face. "work."

you blinked at him. "elaborate. do you think i'm stupid."

"... what would happen if i said yes?"

"then you'll be stuck with these burns for a long time."

he smirked. "i don't think your little passive ability will hold out for more than an hour, sweet."

you glared at him, slightly angry at how severely he underestimated you. how'd he even know about that? it wasn't like he was around when you were explaining things. "tough talk from the guy who gets burnt by his own fire."

he scoffed, rolling his eyes yet smiling. "everyone's got a limit."

"i guess that's true." you finished up with his treatment. he got up, looking to leave the base again. "wait, the boss said that you needed to stay a bit, until he comes back."

dabi groaned, annoyed no doubt. "what? what does that krusty krab want?"

you felt a sting of defense, wanting to retort against dabi. shigaraki wasn't that crusty. (yes he was you're just trying to be nice.) "he left, didn't say where he was going. seemed important, though."

he shoved his hands in his pockets, irritated by having to sit back and do nothing again. he slumped back in the chair beside you, groaning.

"where's the others?" he asked.

"they're all asleep." you answered.

"i heard about mag's death."

don't remind me, please, or i swear i'm going to descend into madness. "yeah."

dabi sucked in air, whistling out in ragged breaths. "fuckin overhaul. who even is he."

you crossed your arms, leaning onto the back of the chair as much as you could while you were seated on the armrest. "i dunno, but i hate him."

dabi quirked an eyebrow at you. "lookie here, our healing angel has got a dark side."

"how is hating someone considered 'a dark side' asshole?" you laughed despite putting on the offended act.

"don't lie, i can feel the violent intentions coming off of you." he argued and you dropped your jaw, feigning surprise.

"me? wanting to be violent?" you rolled your eyes. "oh, how could i possibly ever even think of doing such a thing even though i agreed to join the fucking league of villains? such a surprise." 

he snickered at how extra you were, making fun of you. "you're a healer, you're not built to fight whether you wanna admit it or not."

"bastard," you pouted. "that wasn't very nice."

"s'not my job to be nice, sweet." he remarked, leaning back triumphantly. you scowled and punched his arm. 

"the fuck was that for?" he looked at you. he had to admit, that blow was shockingly adequate coming from someone like you. you furrowed your eyebrows at him.

"you need to be nicer."

"oh, my apologies." he said overdramatically. "next time, i'll say 'sorry' before killing someone, how does that sound?"

"you-" you laughed and thought about tackling him when the door flew open again. shigaraki had returned. he came in, looking more regal than usual, and adjusted his gloves. you stared at how calm he looked- he looked strangely pretty. you'd tell him to look like that more often but you kinda valued your life.

he finally noticed you and dabi in the room and he turned, narrowing his eyes at the sight. "how long have you been around her?"

you didn't have time to be confused because you locked onto the dozens of cuts and scrapes.