014

CHAPTER FOURTEEN : WINGMAN-ISH?

|

the whole place was so unsanitary. dust and yuckiness was everywhere and you tried to clean up the best you could before making the meal.

it was a dish that happened to be your favorite. whether it was hard to make or not, it would fill their stomachs with something other than tap water and that was good enough for you. if you didn't end up needing any of the ingredients you bought, well... it's good to have some stuff for later!

the league trickled in one by one, all in awe with the smells filling the air. they sat around the countertop and kept asking, 'when will it be done?' or 'where'd you even get all this stuff?' by the time dabi had returned, everyone had gotten at least two servings.

"woah, what the fuck." dabi said as he entered. "give me some."

you just laughed and nodded, handing him a serving. you kinda felt bad that all of them were literally amazed by just the appearance of food being on the table.

/

shigaraki despised you. the fantasy he lived in for a while was fading as he grew angrier and angrier at you.

how dare you make him feel like a decent human being. if all for one saw him now, he'd be so disappointed. 

he almost disintegrated his bed, thinking of how you held him through the night even though what he was asking was absurd. shit, what was he even thinking when he did that? did he really allow you to mess with him that easily?

and fuck, he hated how you went on and on about what they deserved, doing things for them like they were normal people in society. he hated how you kept on asking for him like you wanted him. he hate how nice you were to them.

did you really want his rough hands on you? he knew he'd probably scrape your skin. did you want a boyfriend that looked yucky like him? surely there were more handsome guys you could snatch up in a heartbeat. and why would you ever want someone like him as the one you call yours?

you were such an idiot. he rolled his eyes as thoughts raced through his head. he slumped into his seat and harshly brought his battered headphones over his ears, booting up his game to distract his mind.

/

toga and twice were at overhaul's and dabi, compress, and spinner sojourned all over the place. shigaraki let them since their progress was dependent on two members at the moment. 

you lumbered around the base, bored out of your mind. you wished shigaraki would talk to you, but he distanced himself a bit after the market thing. he was always in his room now.

dabi would circle back every once in a while. everytime he would ask, 'you wanna come?' and now, you were inclined to. so, you said yes but-

"only this time." you clarified to him. he shrugged. 

"whatever you say, angel. you'll get your first taste of the thrill for the kill." he smiled madly. "you might like it."

"whatever, let's just go." 

you two walked around, disguised slightly. it was nighttime and thugs were lurking all around. dabi said that any one of them could be added to the league's ranks... if they're worthy. dabi moved fast and eventually you got tired of keeping up.

"hey pretty girl, why're you out all alone?" someone snuck behind you, gripping your neck and pressing the cool metal of a blade to your skin. a sick feeling sunk into your soul and before you could react, dabi grabbed the thug's head, yanking him away and tackling him. the blade just barely grazed his skin but the thug got a good stab at dabi before he was burned to a crisp.

dabi hissed as he got up and your craze bubbled up again. you were by his side in a millisecond, his wound disappearing under your hands.

"good, see?" dabi chuckled, gesturing to the ash at his feet. "not that bad."

"mhmm." you just let him have the feeling of victory. "let's keep going."

you two lurked around the closest city, picking off random thugs or people you thought needed a good wake up call. you and dabi found a spot on a rooftop to settle down for a bit while you fixed him up.

"so... what's the deal between you and the boss?" he asked out of nowhere. you groaned.

"seriously, why is everyone on my ass about that?" 

"not my fault you guys make it so obvious. " he scoffed and rolled his eyes. "you're obviously in love with him or something."

you burned up, stopping your treatment. "and so what if i am?"

he snorted. "what do you even see in the douche." 

"fuck you." you huffed, afraid of saying anything else.

you honestly didn't know when you started liking him. it happened in a subtle way-- you just couldn't imagine getting through a day without his whiny remarks or snarky comments or his aggressively sweet nature. you were glad, extremely happy even, that you were so close by his side. the relationship from leader to friend to friend with benefits to semi/unspoken lovers was definitely a slow burn but it all happened behind the scenes that you really never thought about it... maybe dabi was right.

maybe you were in love with tomura shigaraki. 

he made you happy, in his weird ways. and you wanted that in your life.

he was a fucking dick sometimes , though.

"aha, i see it on your face. you're realizing it, aren't you? it's funny how the people involved are the most oblivious ." dabi said smugly, shaking his head in amusement . 

"he's... actually super sweet once you're on his good side. i'd say i'm the favorite actually." you continued on  matter-of-factly.

the stars danced along in the sky, chilly wind bustling by like the cars and buses below. dabi kicked his feet up and down off the edge while you mimicked him. he rolled his head back and sighed.

"favorite, huh?" a mischievous smirk formed on his face. "should we ask him?"

++ when i tell you some shit is about to go down in the next chapter , believe me