015

CHAPTER FIFTEEN : OUCH

|

"no no no NO dabi don't you fucking dARE—" you screeched after him as you tried to keep up with his pace.

the man just laughed and ran faster towards the HQ. you grit your teeth and willed your legs to run faster, but after a couple hours of action and healing, you weren't in the most optimal condition .

you saw dabi bust through the door, hearing some yelling ensue not too long after. once you finally caught up, you heard shigaraki and dabi in an argument.

"you can't just take our weakest on a murder spree—"

"she agreed to it, dustbin."

"who the fuck do you think you're taking to patchwork?"

"you're so pathetic."

"you-"

you entered, laughing nervously and hoping that dabi didn't say anything yet. "arguing again? you know that—"

"dabi, leave." shigaraki said in a low voice. he glared daggers at you. the mood dropped as quietness settled in.

dabi shrugged, making his way to the door. you and shigaraki's eyes met. you both kept each other's gaze, having an unspoken conversation.

"where the fuck were you." he growled, a look in his eyes that you couldn't identify. he breathed heavily and he looked crazy- his hair was mussed and his eyes were unfocused. 

you gulped and hugged your hands to your chest. "i just went out with—"

"without telling me? huh? especially with that fucker." he interrupted, stalking to you. you stumbled backwards and you held your hands to your face, bracing for impact. 

"you just love to annoy the shit outta me, huh? " he grabbed your wrists and revealed your face to his.

"...what?" you asked softly, confused. you'd been doing the things he wanted, right? was this about the thing earlier today? you two stared into the other's eyes. shigaraki's grip was almost too much to bear at one point.

"you were worried?" you asked.

he shook his head no. 

you let a bitter chuckle leave your lips. "of course not. why would shigaraki ever worry over an insignificant pawn like me?"

he breathed out, fighting the urge to give in as your faces drifted closer together. it was a rarity to see shigaraki be so soft, be so quiet, and crumple to your feet at your slightest touch. you had too much power over him and he had himself to blame for falling into your trap. 

he hated this.

he hated how weak you made him feel. he hated how vulnerable you made him feel. 

do it, tomura. you don't deserve her anyways.

"i hate you."

you stopped, shocked to hear those words leave his lips. "what?"

he looked away. "yeah, has your bubble been burst yet? i only wanted to try something out, and i got the experience i wanted." 

you were born to die alone, don't think for a second you can do something like this and be good at it.

you were stunned to silence. the sudden change in mood between you two was so sharp it made you think you were imagining things. how did you go from cuddling together to this?

"what?" he asked, mockingly confused. "did you expect to live out a fairytail or something? that we'd end up together or something?"

"you..." you mumbled, trying to process as quickly as he was spitting stuff out.

"you're still the naïve little girl you were when you first joined." he hissed at you, backing up and circling you. you glared back at him, unsure of what else to do. "a fucking joke."

he was hurting you. and what about it? you can't care, you're a fucking monster.

you scoffed, retreating into your thoughts. maybe you were picturing a life that was unattainable but... fuck it seemed so possible a few days ago. and just a few moments ago you were going on about how he's sweet and how you were the favorite. such an idiot.  you felt the sting of embarrassment and humiliation at your eyes and nose, fighting not to break down in front of him.

"i don't need you. i never wanted you. it was a simple arrangement and you had to go and make it hard on yourself!" shigaraki yelled. his heart was galloping in his chest. first time seeing you this kind of sad. a pained laugh came from him.

love doesn't exist.

"you're so stupid  to ever think that you'd want to be with a murderer, someone who could never ensure your safety." he continued to laugh at your expense, burying all the warning alarms in his head yelling stop stop stop. he stumbled backwards. he was so angry at you, himself, the world, everything.

it never had and it never will for someone like you.

he hated everything.

"i know full well what i got myself into when i decided to put myself up as a villain." you argued back, softly, as if you were scared of him now.

"you don't belong here." he shouted at you. you stared, wide eyed at him. if you didn't belong here, you literally had no where else to go. that scared you.

maybe it was your fault for letting yourself get too comfortable. you thought everything was okay. maybe you read the signs wrong. you felt a huge weight pushing you down into the ground and you just wanted to let yourself be overcome by it.

"i will do what i want and you're in no position to question me. so forget anything happened and keep to yourself." shigaraki growled.

ah. you remember this tone. when he assumed his leader position and told you off for trying to heal him. there was no more 'coworkers with benefits'. you were back to subordinate and leader.

"this is over." shigaraki said, walking away. "anything between us moving forward is strictly professional." he slammed his door shut behind him.

he really just broke you . and so suddenly, too, that was sure to hurt even more intensely. it doesn't matter, tomura, remember? 

it took everything from you not to collapse right there. you jogged over to your own room and closed the door, burying yourself into your cot, desperately trying to fall asleep so you didn't have to think anymore.