epilogue

EPILOGUE

|

it was the day after his coronation, and no longer did tomura feel like he was in a dream. this was his reality, the reality he deserved and worked for since day one. 

he woke up to the sunrise painting the bedroom red and orange, the white fluffy sheets and pillows sucking his exhaustion from him with every passing second. and of course, when he turned to his side, he saw you beside him. resting and real. 

his hand came to thumb over your cheeks, and he just had to smile. you reduced him to the weight he has carried within him since he was a child—broken, unaccepted, and alone. yet all those things were remedied with you being here.

you keened into his touch, brows furrowing as you started to rouse yourself. "mornin', tomu." inhaling deeply, you inched closer to him and he wrapped an arm around you. 

"hi." he whispered, smiling. "got a busy day, today."

"yeah?" you mumbled. "heard the doctor's got plans for you."

he smile dipped down when you mentioned the doctor, knowing what it really meant. he'd have to undergo a grueling process that would last longer than he wanted it to, all to make his body ready for the power he was going to get. "yeah. you..."

"hmm?" you squinted, lifting your head up. rubbing your eyes, you brought him into better focus. 

he sighed. "i... the doctor's gonna... shit." how was he supposed to tell you that after all you had gone through, after all you worked for, he's going to have to leave you alone? he didn't want to— that was certain. he wanted nothing more than to take just a few more moments to hold you and touch you and to devour you. 

"take your time, baby." you yawned, threading your fingers through his unkempt white hair. he chuckled lightly and yawned himself.

"look... you know i have to inherit all for one's power, right?" he started.

you propped up yourself with your elbow. "yup."

"that means the doctor's gonna mod my body to be able to handle all those quirks. and... it's gonna hurt."

your eyebrows furrowed. "what, like it's going to be tortuous?"

"eeeh... yeah, kinda." he admitted, not a fan of how your expression was becoming more and more concerned. he wanted to leave you in good spirits. "and it'll take a while."

you pursed your lips, silent for a moment. "i mean, if you have to, then i'm all for it. i just—" you sighed, staring straight into his red eyes. "tomu, you've already been through so much, i feel like you're taking on this physical challenge way too soon." 

months ago, he would've gagged at the thought of anyone caring about him like this, no matter how much he secretly wanted it. he was falling deeper and deeper every day. "i'll be okay, i promise."

you sat up completely, looking at him worriedly. "well... will the doc stop if it becomes too much? what about healing you periodically—" 

he sat up as well, turning your face to meet his own with his thumb hooked underneath your chin. "that's not how it works, y/n."