022

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO : GO AWAY !

|

"y/n, why are you here?!" twice yelped. "we will be better off without you! begone thot."

"oooo! that new look makes you look scary, y/n!! i love it!!" toga exclaimed.

you ducked under the grey jungle and squeezed out before them. there was no one around and they were yelling out insults to an empty room. and for fuck's sake, i really wanna know what i look like.

all you could really do was look down— and eri's description was making sense now. a thin, crystal-like black sheen encased your body. it didn't inhibit your movement, though, in fact you could probably curl up with ease. it surrounded every inch of your body (save your fingers, like those gloves that are fingerless) and cased the full length of your neck before stopping short of your chin. 

you were more curious about the eyes.

"i- i don't know what's going on with me." you mumbled, head tilting to the side swiftly as your lucidity was fading. y/n was going away.

"it's weird..." toga came up to you and poked your arm. "but why're you here anyway? thought you were sleeping with the boss."

"shut the fuck up, toga." you grit your teeth. "don't wanna talk about him. and overhaul kinda kidnapped me." you grumbled. twice was still yelling insults periodically. "what're you even doing anyway?"

"sabotaging some stuff. anyway, what went on? i wanna know." toga pressed, humming happily.

you rolled your eyes, walking towards twice drunkenly. "said don't wanna talk 'bout it."

"ohhhhh did he screw it up?" she mused, tapping her chin. the ground rumbled once more, but this time you heard a loud voice wailing from the distance. "sounds like tomura."

you frowned at the mention of his name. 

the ground gave way as the man behind the maze roared in anger, sending the three of you into a downward spiral to who knows where. 

"wimpy guys are the weakest," you heard toga say, "so they look down on others from above."

you launched up from where you sat, towards that little opening in the ceiling that toga and twice were looking at. 

an enemy?

how delightful!

you get to protect your friends and kill someone, all at once! 

licking your lips in anticipation, you latched onto the ceiling, only now aware of the six appendages that spawned from your back, your spine itself. black, crystalline spider legs penetrated the material above, leaving your normal-sized body suspended. 

you hands were raised before you could even think about what to do next— and a spiral-like dark energy ripped from your palm. the familiar soothing circles of your healing stream was distorted and flipped on it's head. instead of restoring, this power is destructive and triangular, zagging through the air and piercing the person on the other end.

"whoo!! way to go y/n!!" twice called after you.

"you can leave him to the heroes now, babe!" toga yelled. 

you couldn't hear them. or maybe you deliberately ignored them. it didn't matter because you took the scuffle into your own hands. your friends' calls were in vain as they tried to warn you.

the maze stopped and you and irinaka crashed onto the floor below, where the heroes were grouped. no panic about getting caught flooded your mind. that little kill, kill, kill rang around instead.

"is that the league of villains' there? and is that a nomu?" you heard a kid say.

"it doesn't look like the—"

"shut up and focus on subduing it!"

you hissed and growled, consumed with nothing but crushing this guy who tried to hurt your friends. the man's quirk was canceled for some reason but before you could deliver a final blow, a projectile struck your forehead, sending you flying off the man and tumbling away. your legs kept you off the ground and you rose up again, firing up the anti-angel power.

"aizawa!" 

"irinaka isn't out yet!"

your power grew and it's purpely-silver glow overwhelmed the room as you stalked closer to the heroes. 

more enemies?? 

the green-head fired up his quirk and electricity surrounded him as he leaped into the air, swinging a leg at you.

one of your legs curled up against your body and protected you from the attack and your energy zapped out at him. the triangular swirl closed in around his body, sending his body shivering as the electricity overwhelmed him.

two more projectiles came at you and you stumbled back a bit. hissing, you reared back and slammed down your frontal legs, leaving the floor with cracks.

"aizawa!" another command.

and in the next instant, you felt a zing ripple through your body. your high plummeted and you felt hot and fuzzy. a horrible headache bloomed in your head and your extra legs zipped back into your body and you fell from your heights.

you hit the ground with a thump, a fever washing over you. 

y/n was back. and you were in pain. everything hurt. everything ached. everything stung.

"not... a nomu?"

"probably another one of overhaul's sick experiments." 

your vision was blurred. where were toga and twice? did they... leave without you?

"i saw her with the league of villains... they were talking. i don't think she's in the same category as the child."

"we'll chain her up until we can be sure. she seems to be unstable, so take the most precautions."

your eyes lolled back before they could even fasten the inhibitor collar around your neck.